Leaving Baltimore on Sunday, Sandy?

stagpuder

I am assuming you are going to be on the Pride out of Baltimore. Our daughter is with the youth program on that ship. They were supposed to go to Port Canaveral (subbed in for Nassau) tomorrow but that has been cancelled. They are racing the storm back to Baltimore today, Friday and Saturday. Not sure at this point exactly what will happen on Sunday afternoon. The best you can do is stay in contact with Carnival for further updates. If I should hear something else from my daughter, I will post on here.

I am assuming you are going to be on the Pride out of Baltimore. Our daughter is with the youth program on that ship. They were supposed to go to Port Canaveral (subbed in for Nassau) tomorrow but that has been cancelled. They are racing the storm back to Baltimore today, Friday and Saturday. Not sure at this point exactly what will happen on Sunday afternoon. The best you can do is stay in contact with Carnival for further updates. If I should hear something else from my daughter, I will post on here.

That would be great. There are a bunch of anxious people on our roll call! Thank you!

Thank you!! We're on the Pride Sunday aswell, bringing 2 little guys that are looking forward to camp :)

Spoke with my daughter again just a bit ago. No word yet on any changes out of Baltimore for Sunday. She said it has been extremely rocky seas and very windy. Not a great deal of rain at this point. As of 4p, they were due east of Charleston, SC and doing about 17-18 knots. If they can maintain this speed, this should put them at the entrance to the Chesapeake at about this time tomorrow afternoon. From there, it is about a 7 hour sail to Baltimore (on a normal cruise). Have no idea if they will slow down at some point or attempt to get in early.

I wish I had more info for you, but, at this point, their main objective is getting safely back to Baltimore.

Btw, if any of you are interested, this is a very cool site to track ships at sea: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?centerx=-76.5438&centery=39.21575&zoom=14 Mine is specific to the port of Baltimore as we watch their progress coming and going each Sunday. And this site has all the links to the traffic cams in the state of Maryland (very cool site to actually watch the weather as it unfolds): http://www.chart.state.md.us/

Well, guys, these seem to be the options and neither one is great. Option #1-Disembark all current passengers tonight and then head to sea until Tuesday with no passengers (I know, I am so sorry) or Option #2-Let no one off until Monday (not much better for you guys). They are supposed to make a final decision by 10a. Just a few minutes from now. I will post as soon as my daughter lets me know the final decision. I am in contact with her now.

Well, guys, these seem to be the options and neither one is great. Option #1-Disembark all current passengers tonight and then head to sea until Tuesday with no passengers (I know, I am so sorry) or Option #2-Let no one off until Monday (not much better for you guys). They are supposed to make a final decision by 10a. Just a few minutes from now. I will post as soon as my daughter lets me know the final decision. I am in contact with her now.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Still waiting for a final decision. This could take a while and I know most of you will be headed that direction today. As soon as I get info, I will post it on here. I am really sorry it is taking so long.

Thanks so much for helping us out. We are all kind of just waiting and seeing!!!! Hard to do when we have planned this trip for so long and look forward to it. Looks like we may hear from you before Carnival. :-) Thanks again!!!!

I don't think they will hold off disembarkation until Monday... the storm is supposed to be the worst here Monday into Tuesday.

They definitely can let people disembark tomorrow. I just don't know if they will have time to have us embark and get somewhere safe.

I, personally, would be fine hanging out in the Chesapeake Bay until it passes!

I'm sure we all really appreciate any information you can give us TARPS14.

If there's any way you can find out what they do to the port itself, we were planning to park there, but I can't get anyone on the phone or get any info on the Baltimore Cruise Port's website regarding closures to parkers.

I'm sure we all really appreciate any information you can give us TARPS14.

If there's any way you can find out what they do to the port itself, we were planning to park there, but I can't get anyone on the phone or get any info on the Baltimore Cruise Port's website regarding closures to parkers.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to provide this info. Possibly cruisers disembarking this evening might be able to help there. Sorry.

Latest is leaving tonight for two days (anticipated) with no passengers. This is coming from guest relations who has received all the info prior to formal announcements being made.

**the two days are anticipated.....not the disembarkation and leaving tonight.

Just saw on Carnival.com that the Pride is sailing as scheduled on 10/28. Update was posted at 3:00.

Carnival's webpage states:

CARNIVAL PRIDE – 10/28 DEPARTURE - CANCELED

The US Coast Guard has just made us aware that we will not be able to depart from the Chesapeake Bay. At this time, it is uncertain when this restriction will be lifted. We respect the Coast Guard’s decision and since we do not know when we will be cleared to sail, we will not be able to operate this cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-1284687

Archived