Private cocktail party on Allure

Hi. I am sailing on the Allure next August with a group of 20. What are your thoughts on where to host a private cocktail party which will include kids (not drinking the cocktails of course, but older/well-behaved).

Also, we have the options of doing a flat fee per head of $12-$13 versus a "per consumption" where the guests buy their own drinks from the bar. Opinions on which is better? We are not huge drinkers, but if one drinks 2 drinks, one would likely be up to $12-13...

I was thinking of the Viking Crown Lounge, Jazz on 4, or the Champagne bar, but have never been on the Allure, so I have not seen them personally.

Thanks!

Jen

Hi. I am sailing on the Allure next August with a group of 20. What are your thoughts on where to host a private cocktail party which will include kids (not drinking the cocktails of course, but older/well-behaved).

Also, we have the options of doing a flat fee per head of $12-$13 versus a "per consumption" where the guests buy their own drinks from the bar. Opinions on which is better? We are not huge drinkers, but if one drinks 2 drinks, one would likely be up to $12-13...

I was thinking of the Viking Crown Lounge, Jazz on 4, or the Champagne bar, but have never been on the Allure, so I have not seen them personally.

Thanks!

Jen

Viking Crown would be the only venue you mentioned with a view to the outside, if that is something you think you would like.

Thanks!

Jen

I'd check into getting the Pinnacle Lounge. It's ideal for a small private get together and seems to be unused most of the time.

Whoever gave you those options should be able to tell you which venues you can use?? You may not be able to use your first choice..

The group coordinator on the ship is the one who can help you........if you used a TA,she/he no doubt has heard from them ..

Thanks!

Jen

You may not drink....but others in your group might. The $12-$13 per person option is a wonderful!!!! option.

We were invited to one of these cocktail parties by friends that had a group on the sailing. Actually...quite a few people from our Meet & Mingle were invited as well. It was in the Viking Crown. It was $10 per person back then. We consumed an awful lot of drinks in our hour long party!

It was great fun! :D:):D

The Pinnacle Lounge is a room alongside The Chapel and the Viking Crown, used for wedding reception cocktail hours. It was originally intended as the Concierge Lounge for the Loft Suites, but was never used as such. :mad:

Whats the pinnacle lounge?

Archived