Miracle cabin 5235, 7A questions

rkmom

I was booked with a 4A gty and was just able to find out my room assignment, which is 5235. It is listed as a 7A on the book/modify page, but when I click on stateroom details on the carnival "my reservation" page it shows me a picture of a 6A and mentions 5A obstructed view. So I am confused. Does this room have a balcony, is it really a 7A? It looks like on the diagram it is sort of between two boats, so will there be some sort of pole obstructing the view?

I think having a balcony and fresh air will be nice even without much view, but it would be even better to have a little bit of a view.

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this room?

Thanks for any info.!

Kim--

just 40 days to go!

CLeacat--we will look forward to meeting you. Have you sailed with Carnival before? This is our first time, but did another cruise once on Holland America.

Thanks for clarifying that it is a balcony. why does it show a 5A/6A mesage on our my reservation page?

ANyone else with any info/pics of this room?

Thanks--Kim

I had it my 7A reservation too with the wrong picture. Trust me, a 7A is a partially (not much) obstructed balcony. Why Carnival shows a different picture is beyond me. Maybe they want people to pay more for an "upgrade" to an unobstructed 8A. 7A's are a bargain for the minor obstruction you get.

Lou

I was booked with a 4A gty and was just able to find out my room assignment, which is 5235. It is listed as a 7A on the book/modify page, but when I click on stateroom details on the carnival "my reservation" page it shows me a picture of a 6A and mentions 5A obstructed view. So I am confused. Does this room have a balcony, is it really a 7A? It looks like on the diagram it is sort of between two boats, so will there be some sort of pole obstructing the view?

I think having a balcony and fresh air will be nice even without much view, but it would be even better to have a little bit of a view.

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this room?

Thanks for any info.!

Kim--

just 40 days to go!

Kim - we are on the same cruise & right down the hall from you. We have 5179 & 5181!

Eileen

Kim, yes we have been on Carnival, 3 times before. First time our honeymoon in 1977, second 1994, last for a milleum cruise. My daughter Katie has celebrated every birthday on a cruise ship. This will be #14 for her and she will be 13.

Kim: How did you find your assignment??

Sometimes the pics on the modify booking shows you what is available. Its usually one above or one below what we booked.

We were in 5229 last week and two of our tablemates were in 5235. The lifeboat comes up to the bottom of the balcony, or at your feet. Their cabin had more of the view of the winch that holds the lifeboat in place and the mysterious blue canvas bag that covers something than ours did. But it was wonderful.

Just be careful. The door closes by itself, slamming quite loudly.

When I would pull up our reservation, it would show the 6A also, so don't worry! You will have a great time and it is in a great location, near the elevators that lead to the lido restaurant!

June

Thanks everyone for the info and pics.

serene56--I used the book/modify link in the check your room assignment post. Sometimes it works for me, other times it doesn't.

Looking forward to seeing other 7/3 miracle people!

kim

Sometimes if you have a hard time getting into that page--its because too many people are accessing it at the same time. Or they could be doing something with your sailing so you people that are sailing at the same time wont be able to access the information.

Archived