San Juan walking vs bus tour

Still Dreaming

Sailing on the summit and on disembarkation day they offer two tours. Walk San Juan or a bus tour of old and new San Juan. Both drop you off at the airport, flight at 4:00 pm. We usually never do ship tours but this sounds good not having to store our luggage and get a cab to airport.

Has any one done the bus tour? Is it a large greyhound bus with 40 plus tourists?

Thanks

We ended up just going with a small private tour that we booked once we got off the ship. There are tons of vans and private tours available wanting your business. It was much cheaper as well and our luggage went along with us.

We had a bit of a tour around the old city and then time to explore on foot on our own and have a bite to eat. We then got dropped off at the airport after. Was a good afternoon spent.

Thanks,

I was there 37 years ago with my parents but DH has never been.

I strongly encourage you to take a waking tour of Old San Juan whether you do it privately or thru the ship. We delay departure after cruises to enjoy time in San Juan. I find it mystical --- and good exercise to address all the wonderful food.

Thanks,

Coldweathergirl, how much did you pay for the private tour? We will be doing the rainforest b4 cruise so this will be our only visit to old San Juan. I was there 37 years ago with my parents but DH has never been.

For the life of me I can't remember the cost but it was significantly cheaper than going with Celebrity. We were originally going to take a cab to old SJ and store our luggage at some shop that allows you to do it for a very reasonable cost but decided after we disembarked to do this after we were approached by the tour company. (sorry I can't remember the shop that stores the luggage either)

I love Old San Juan. We've been a couple of times and absolutely love wandering around in the old town. Lots of restaurants and nice shops.

Archived