Butler or room service?

cruisinmeme

when you are in a suite and want a meal ( for regular room service menu or special suite menu). Do you call regular room service or the butler.

How does the butler ever get sleep if they are always being called for this, if it is them you call.

We will be on the star and curious if cagney's has steak on menu at lunch. MDR has NY strip and is very good.

Thanks

The suite service has night butlers to accomdate nite service but butlers usually work from 6am to 8pm even if you call room service a nite butler will be assigned to that group of suites to take care of food services enjoy, I became friendly with my night butler I saw him almost every nite after midnite

I was in a suite on my last cruise and we didn't have lunch or dinner brought to the room but we did have breakfast delivered almost every morning. The butler told us to just put what we wanted on the room service cards and even if it wasn't on there (such as omelets), he said just to write it in. He was the one that delivered it to us at the time we requested.

I was under the impression that you would contact the butler and let him know what you wanted for room service regarding your meals.

And Cagneys had steak on their lunch menu.

On my last cruise I called room service for a pizzs since I did not want to bother the butler and my first time using the butler for a meal and the butler deliveried the pizzza.

I was quized why I did not call him and told him that I did not want to bother him since it was the dinner hour(s) and was advised that is why I had a butler

On my last cruise I called room service for a pizzs since I did not want to bother the butler and my first time using the butler for a meal and the butler deliveried the pizzza.

I was quized why I did not call him and told him that I did not want to bother him since it was the dinner hour(s) and was advised that is why I had a butler

Heh. I did the same thing. I didn't want to bother him with such a small thing as pizza delivery. He was kind about it when he arrived, but he stressed to me that it is him that I need to call. I am to call him for anything and everything. "No exceptions" is the words he used.

A couple days later my son and I got a couple take-out orders of burgers and wings from the Blue Lagoon and brought them back to the cabin. The next day our butler asked me again, very kindly, to call him for things like that. I explained that we were just coming back to the cabin when we passed by the Blue Lagoon. We looked at each other and walked over and placed a take-out order. We didn't plan it, it was spur of the moment.

But once again, he said we should have come back to the room empty-handed and then called him.

He always had a worried look on his face whenever this happened, so I wonder if he is reprimanded whenever somebody goes behind his back. I felt bad for him. He was an awesome butler. But I like to do some things myself too! :)

when you are in a suite and want a meal ( for regular room service menu or special suite menu). Do you call regular room service or the butler.

How does the butler ever get sleep if they are always being called for this, if it is them you call.

We will be on the star and curious if cagney's has steak on menu at lunch. MDR has NY strip and is very good.

Thanks

cruisinmeme,

When you call room service from your suite you get the butler who will bring whatever you order and set up the whole deal of linen tablecloth etc. somewhat embarrassing for the small afternoon snack we ordered after missing lunch at Cagneys on our first trip in a suite! Cagneys does have steak on the menu, though the portions and selections for breakfast and lunch will obviously be smaller than for dinner. I have read that they do a great dinner that is worth the extra price, but have only been there for breakfast and lunch.

This was on the Jewel but. the menu should be similar. you will love it!

Heh. I did the same thing. I didn't want to bother him with such a small thing as pizza delivery. He was kind about it when he arrived, but he stressed to me that it is him that I need to call. I am to call him for anything and everything. "No exceptions" is the words he used.

A couple days later my son and I got a couple take-out orders of burgers and wings from the Blue Lagoon and brought them back to the cabin. The next day our butler asked me again, very kindly, to call him for things like that. I explained that we were just coming back to the cabin when we passed by the Blue Lagoon. We looked at each other and walked over and placed a take-out order. We didn't plan it, it was spur of the moment.

But once again, he said we should have come back to the room empty-handed and then called him.

He always had a worried look on his face whenever this happened, so I wonder if he is reprimanded whenever somebody goes behind his back. I felt bad for him. He was an awesome butler. But I like to do some things myself too! :)

We had similar experiences with our butler on the Jewel the last time. our hesitation to bother him was not understood. My call to what I thought was room service for a burger when I missed lunch at Cagneys resulted in his delivery of the order and a complete set up with linens, flowers, etc.! I attributed this to both his training and some cultural differences-we independent Americans! I started to worry that I would get in trouble with my butler if I misbehaved by doing something myself!

Same thing happened to us on the Pearl. Randy was our butler. It was our first suite on NCL and didn't know any better than to just call room service. Was surprised when Randy showed up with the food. Told us to call him.

Archived