End of Elite cocktail party?

d5480

Thanks very much to Celebrity for their reply. As suspected, it's due to the large number of Elite Members onboard, and their response to the large demand for the Happy Hour, makes perfect sense.

Dear Celebrity Elite guests,

Thanks for your passionate feedback. The change described to the Captain's Club Lounge is not a permanent one rather an alternative to best deliver the Celebrity experience when we have unusually high Elite member counts. With each transatlantic season we monitor feedback on how to best service your needs.

This transatlantic season has been extraordinarily popular with our Elite members. In order to ensure we continue to deliver a high quality of service on transatlantic sailings with extremely high counts of Elites members, we will be offering you the choice to enjoy your evening cocktail around various bars and lounges across the ship. We have given you this option on select evenings in the past and the feedback we heard was great.

The Celebrity Eclipse is the first ship this transatlantic season to offer guests this flexibility for the entire cruise and Elites are taking this opportunity to either discover the unique ambiance of different locations or settling into a favorite bar. Since the hours continue to be the same as the Captain's Club Lounge, our members are sure to find fellow Elites out enjoying their social hour at this time. Just as we move the Captain's Club Lounge to Sky Lounge when we have more members than we can properly service in Michael's Club, on rare occasions such as this we have implemented this alternative when Sky Lounge cannot meet our high service standards.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope you enjoy exploring all the great venue options onboard if this choice is made available on your sailing.

Celebrity Loyalty Team

Those of us on future transatlantic cruises (like my DH and me :D) are very happy that you took the time to chime in on this thread. Good job.

What is the elite breakfast? What is served that isn't on the buffet line or the MDR? (I'm no where near elite, but working on it.)

The morning elite "event" that we have attended in Michael's Club includes specialty coffees, breakfast drinks (fresh squeezed OJ, bloody Marys, bellinis, mimosas, etc) served with croissants, bagels, smoked salmon, hot canapes, etc. - the usual Continental breakfast fare. It is a light breakfast served among friends. For a heavy breakfast one goes to the MDR or the buffet. Michael's is just a nice place to spend some time in the morning, especially on sea days or if you are not going ashore.

The differences between MDR and buffet are real orange juice, alcoholic drinks, specialty coffee and being treated as a special guest. But no eggs Benny, bacon, sausage, waffles, granola, pancakes, imitation maple syrup, etc.

Cheers, Bill

I'm on the Constellation 11/6/12 and was appalled when I stumbled into this thread. Yes, we enjoy the cocktail hour, go at 6 with dinner scheduled at 7:15. What I will miss the most, if this perk is indeed taken away, is the comraderie. We have met many great friends, some whom we've chosen to cruise with again, eaten at their homes, and had them visit us at our home. It is a great way to meet well traveled people who give us tips and their insights into different ports, cultures and adventures. Shame on Celebrity for "springing" this on the Eclipse cruise and hopefully will not be continued system wide.

I'm on the Constellation 11/6/12 and was appalled when I stumbled into this thread. Yes, we enjoy the cocktail hour, go at 6 with dinner scheduled at 7:15. What I will miss the most, if this perk is indeed taken away, is the comraderie. We have met many great friends, some whom we've chosen to cruise with again, eaten at their homes, and had them visit us at our home. It is a great way to meet well traveled people who give us tips and their insights into different ports, cultures and adventures. Shame on Celebrity for "springing" this on the Eclipse cruise and hopefully will not be continued system wide.

Did you read Post 249?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for your passionate feedback. The change described to the Captain's Club Lounge is not a permanent one rather an alternative to best deliver the Celebrity experience when we have unusually high Elite member counts. With each transatlantic season we monitor feedback on how to best service your needs.

This transatlantic season has been extraordinarily popular with our Elite members. In order to ensure we continue to deliver a high quality of service on transatlantic sailings with extremely high counts of Elites members, we will be offering you the choice to enjoy your evening cocktail around various bars and lounges across the ship. We have given you this option on select evenings in the past and the feedback we heard was great.

The Celebrity Eclipse is the first ship this transatlantic season to offer guests this flexibility for the entire cruise and Elites are taking this opportunity to either discover the unique ambiance of different locations or settling into a favorite bar. Since the hours continue to be the same as the Captain's Club Lounge, our members are sure to find fellow Elites out enjoying their social hour at this time. Just as we move the Captain's Club Lounge to Sky Lounge when we have more members than we can properly service in Michael's Club, on rare occasions such as this we have implemented this alternative when Sky Lounge cannot meet our high service standards.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope you enjoy exploring all the great venue options onboard if this choice is made available on your sailing.

Celebrity Loyalty Team

Thank you "Loyalty Team" for your post on this thread to clear up the misunderstanding and rumors.

Many thanks to HOST ANDY for bring this thread to Celebrity's attention, if they were not already aware of it!

A job well done by all!:):):)

BILL

Celebrity Loyalty Team

Thanks for the news... though I guess many of us supected it all along. :p

Here's an idea... on sailings where there are very few Elites, free stuffed animals for all as well as the regular perks. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

weird-stuffed-animals16.jpg

BTW Celebrity

Thanks VERY much for the Elite perks.... A Sixth? and Mrs A 6th LOVES them and appreciate every time there's an event, party, benefit.

Job well done...

Well said! The social aspects of Michael's Club is everything. It is too bad that that this thread has degenerated to the level of how many free drinks and where to get them. Yes. I enjoy the complementary drinks but would be in Michael's Club in any event just to chat with other experienced cruisers. I can afford to buy my own drinks, if necessary!:p

Cheers, Bill

The morning elite "event" that we have attended in Michael's Club includes specialty coffees, breakfast drinks (fresh squeezed OJ, bloody Marys, bellinis, mimosas, etc) served with croissants, bagels, smoked salmon, hot canapes, etc. - the usual Continental breakfast fare. It is a light breakfast served among friends. For a heavy breakfast one goes to the MDR or the buffet. Michael's is just a nice place to spend some time in the morning, especially on sea days or if you are not going ashore.

The differences between MDR and buffet are real orange juice, alcoholic drinks, specialty coffee and being treated as a special guest. But no eggs Benny, bacon, sausage, waffles, granola, pancakes, imitation maple syrup, etc.

Cheers, Bill

Thanks Bill. It sounds lovely!!

We were on the M class, in 0ur aft, so to get to the Elite party was a hike (held in the big lounge way in front). We walked in, didn't know anyone, lots of large parties sitting about, we just sat by ourselves. Started talking to the nice family (2 seniors, one adult daughter) next to us. Drinks were fine, hors d'oeuvres were a combination of the same stuff you get in CC and some nicer stuff. It was fine.

We just didn't see the appeal. It seemed like MOST of you were already very cliquey based on past cruises??? I truly don't believe newcomers walked into that room and just went up to the large tables all pulled together and became part.

In the past (before we became Elite), every night before dinner we would go to a different bar or lounge, mostly following the music we liked, to have a drink before dinner.

The fact that (hopefully) we can now do that with a free drink coupon is wonderful to me.

Seriously...none of you knew each other BEFORE the cruise? You all just met at the Elite lounge, newcomers all?? You don't think you are one bit cliquey and stand-offish to newcomers?

There's so much arguing on this thread about why its not all about the free drinks, but the WHY is the part you're not getting. When the Elite happy hour is in the same place every night, you find a few empty seats, make a bit of small talk early in the cruise, and, after a few nights you've made new friends. This is the SOCIAL aspect of the Elite lounge that some on here (mostly those that aren't eligible for the lounge) don't get. If you don't get it, then don't criticize, just ignore.

BTW - thanks to the X team for their response. I can see the way the Eclipse was handled as a reasonable solution to the problem, and appreciate the explanation.

Celebrity Loyalty Team[/QUO

well its on to another cruiselines or back to being Diamond plus on royal. In any case just canceled 3 celebrity cruises!

Celebrity Loyalty Team

"we will be offering you the choice to enjoy your evening cocktail around various bars and lounges across the ship. We have given you this option on select evenings in the past and the feedback we heard was great"

Is this true. ? Have I missed the reporting of this trial. ? Is the choice the Elite lounge and/or any bar ?

As an Elite member who usually buys a premium drinks package I am rather disappointed with this response.

For information; I was on the first cruise when the Elite Cocktail Lounge was introduced, it was such a success that the Advanced sales team sold more future cruises than ever before. AND the bar staff probably received the highest tips ever.

Next up and Paid up: Constellation TA in 30 days.

[/QUO

well its on to another cruiselines or back to being Diamond plus on royal. In any case just canceled 3 celebrity cruises!

Does that include the B2B on Silhouette? I see those are your next two cruises on Celebrity next month in your signature line. BTW, you misspelled Silhouette. :eek:

Have a great cruise!

Celebrity Loyalty Team

I noticed you did talk to Med Cruises:confused:. I have been in contact with friends currently in Silhouette and Reflection currently in the Med and both ships are issuing chits. Med Cruises historically have much lower numbers of Elite Members than TAs. Did you not mention SI and RF because you did not know, if not, why not, or were you hoping we would just go away after the above explanation? ~ Ric

Celebrity Loyalty Team

Thank goodness the Elite Cocktail party issue has been taken care of, now let's get back to the volume crisis!!!

NOT YET !!! Because *I* still want something to make *M*E* feel SPESHEL TOO! :p

Like a Gold Star... or FREE drinks... or a different colo(u)red seapass card... or waffles... :rolleyes:

...oh ya, and a PONY! :D

Those of us on future transatlantic cruises (like my DH and me :D) are very happy that you took the time to chime in on this thread. Good job.

I also agree that this is a logical response to any cruise that has large numbers of Elite members. Whether my November cruise is in a lounge, Michael's Club or at a bar with a voucher..thanks for the perk.

LOL... the interweb

How much are you axing by going past your final payment. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I count two not three, but heck you're mad at free stuff for some reaon

Coming up:

Silohette- Nov17th Holy land (BB) Dec1st Trans

For anyone just reading this...you must go back a few posts and see that....although the Celebrity response is talking specifically about the Eclipse TA, there have been posts talking about the vouchers being used on other non TA sailings right now....specifically the Silhouette.

This doesn't sound like something X is having to do on a one time basis because of the extra Elite members...it is being done on other Med cruises....again...without any advance notice!

We are on the Reflection on 04 Nov then the 18 Nov TA, which means with its smaller Sky Lounge, we have a good chance of getting vouchers. I'm one of those "love the social hr" posters, but I'll somehow survive and enjoy the free drinks in nice lounges throughout the ship. And I'll somehow figure out why anyone would cancel cruises because of this.....no I won't even try to figure it.

To those posters actually saying they are cancellling or considering cancellling, enjoy whatever you decide and I hope the Line you pick doesn't make some minor adjustment to a freebee and you have to cancel those cruises and go to another Line, which cancels one night of bingo and you cancel on that cruise and go to another Line, and......

But it's good to hear for the rest of us that Celebrity has come up with an alternative to trying to stack too many of us into a lounge and has come up with a workable solution, at leaset short term. Be interesting to see how Celebrity handles this long term.

everybody enjoy your crusing, not matter what criteria you use to select the cruise or Cruise Line. Your major criteria may be my minor issue, while my "must have" will be something you care less about.

Den

I'm a bit dumbstruck at how some posters would actually cancel future Celebrity cruises based up where they would enjoy their "free" cocktails. I remember when Celebrity didn't offer this perk and we still managed to have a wonderful time. Are people so inflexible that they just can't go with the flow?

Archived