rooms in March Ft Lauderdale

Jiffymom

What a difference.I have Embassy suites booked in June really good rate. 128.00 but now Im looking in March. 230.00 yikees. Any recommendations for rooms less expensive.March 16 Even Hollywood or Dania would be ok. Im doing a lot of research and members of our group hope to spend no more that 160.00 Is it possible?

Go over to lastminutetravel.com. There are a couple options for you there. You can call them and they'll usually tell you which hotel is being advertised and sometimes the rate will be lowere a smidgen. If you book here, you can cancel up to 4 days prestay with no penalty...unless the hotel has a different cancelation policy. That will give you time to keep an eye on rates and cancel if you want.

Stick to hotels closer to the airport and you will save.

March is a very busy and expensive month for staying in FLL.

Nevertheless for March, I was able to get the 4* Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, on Pricline for $150

Nevertheless for March, I was able to get the 4* Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, on Pricline for $150

That's a really nice price, dmk!!! And at that time, the beach will be wonderful.:)

What a difference.I have Embassy suites booked in June really good rate. 128.00 but now Im looking in March. 230.00 yikees. Any recommendations for rooms less expensive.March 16 Even Hollywood or Dania would be ok. Im doing a lot of research and members of our group hope to spend no more that 160.00 Is it possible?

It's really worth keeping your eye on things on a regular basis. We started at $269 for embassy suites are now at $184 with the wifi package.

I am expecting it to go down some more if it doesn't sell out.

I just book - rebook and then cancel if I can find a better price. :D

check out Hampton Inn and suites North - it's usually around $169 and includes shuttles from the airport and to the port. It's not as nice as Embassy Suites and breakfast isn't as good nor location - but it's quite decent and there is a little strip mall nearby where you can pick up wine and necessities:D

If you are only staying a day especially - it has a lot going for it in the things included:D

That's a really nice price, dmk!!! And at that time, the beach will be wonderful.:)

Thanks, very much. I just wanted to let the OP know that it is worth trying Priceline.

However, there is a 4* beach hotel for $156.08, March 16, on Hotwire. The amenities sound like it could be Il Lugano hotel. A beautiful hotel

How did you get the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for $150 on Priceline. Did you bid on it? I've never bid, so a little nervous to do that, especially since I don't know the area at all. However, I'm having a hard time finding anything close to the beach for under $250 for May 3rd. Apparently the air show is going on, so everything is outrageously expensive.

How did you get the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for $150 on Priceline. Did you bid on it? I've never bid, so a little nervous to do that, especially since I don't know the area at all. However, I'm having a hard time finding anything close to the beach for under $250 for May 3rd. Apparently the air show is going on, so everything is outrageously expensive.

Yes, I did bid for it.

If you don't want to bid, go to Hotwire. I just looked up May 3, one night. There is a 4* Las Olas, hotel for $107. The amenities look like it could be the Renaissance...a lovely hotel.

Thank you for the help. Since I don't know the area, is the Renaissance within walking distance to the beach?

Any idea what hotel the 4* at Hollywood Beach for $126 would be? Is Hollywood Beach that far from the airport and port?

How about the Fort Lauderdale Beach 4* for $188?

Thank you!

Thank you for the help. Since I don't know the area, is the Renaissance within walking distance to the beach?

Any idea what hotel the 4* at Hollywood Beach for $126 would be? Is Hollywood Beach that far from the airport and port?

How about the Fort Lauderdale Beach 4* for $188?

Thank you!

The best idea is for you to check out betterbiddingdotcom. Scroll down to Florida and click on Priceline/Hotwire Hotel Lists and Tips for Florida. Then click on Hotwire Hotel List - Florida .

You will find a Hotwire list of hotels for each area of Florida eg Fort Lauderdale (Beach). There you will find a list of hotels in that area listed by star quality and amenities.

It will help you get an idea which hotel it might be for your date.

You can also use their forum

The Renaissance Hotel is not on Las Olas Blvd. It is on 17th St. Causeway .

The Riverside Hotel is on Las Olas Blvd.but both are in Ft. Lauderdale.

OP, it seems like you are getting confused the more advice you get, so I won't suggest anything except - look up the major chain hotels and see the price range.

It's hard to pick a property but it is the time of the year that affects the price.

Best of luck

The Renaissance Hotel is not on Las Olas Blvd. It is on 17th St. Causeway .

The Riverside Hotel is on Las Olas Blvd.but both are in Ft. Lauderdale.

Correct, however, I'm sure that DMK was just abbreviating when they said they thought Renaissance was "Hotwire...4* Las Olas...$107". Hotwire groups Las Olas/downtown/port all into one zone.

And....Riverside is not a four star property. Renaissance is. ;)

Jewels32, No Renaissance is not on or real close to the beach. You could use the trolley.

Hollywood Beach is further from the port. The 4 star there will be one of the Westin properties. (golf or beach locations)

Cab fare will run about $28 to/from the port. $25 to/from airport. So you'd have to consider that into your budget and rates. We prefer the Hollywood Beach area if staying more than one night.

Correct, however, I'm sure that DMK was just abbreviating when they said they thought Renaissance was "Hotwire...4* Las Olas...$107". Hotwire groups Las Olas/downtown/port all into one zone.

Thanks!! You are exactly correct:)

I am also cruising out of FLL March 3rd, I was thinking of waiting a couple of days prior to departure to book a hotel through Hotwire of Priceline, do you guys think its a good idea to wait that long? Or will they all be booked by that time? any info is appreciated, thanks!

I am also cruising out of FLL March 3rd, I was thinking of waiting a couple of days prior to departure to book a hotel through Hotwire of Priceline, do you guys think its a good idea to wait that long? Or will they all be booked by that time? any info is appreciated, thanks!

Before trying to bid do your homework on www.betterbidding.com and have a back-up room reserved (someplace that you can cancel without penalty and works for your budget/location/desires). Demand for rooms in March is high - you are not the only one trying to escape the cold!

Good luck! :)

You might get something but March is high season. I wouldn't wait because you might only get a hotel that is further away and the cabfare will eat up any savings.

During off peak times this would probably work. But your date..on a weekend during prime cruise/tourist season in Fl will be busy. And hotels won't offer a whole lot of anything on discount sites when their vacancy rate is normally low. Book something cancellable now and then do bargain shopping later. Good luck.

Archived