Prayers for the East Coast

We live in No VA, near Dulles airport. Other than lots of leaves, we have one small branch broken on a tree in our backyard. We got a bit of rain. We never lost power although it did flicker. None of our family spread out around the DC metro area lost power either. We are trying to find out what we can in the next few days about NJ and Amtrak. We're scheduled to take Amtrak to Newark on Sat and board EX on Sunday. Worst case, we'll drive up on Sunday am to board then.

Southern Maryland reporting in...we managed to keep our power and there are few trees down in our area...just a few limbs. Some flooding (as is to be expected so close to the Bay) but not as bad as predicted. Like somebody else said, this was unlike anything I have ever experienced and we didn't even get the worst of it here. It just went on and on and on. Now our thoughts turn to New York and New Jersey. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Thank you for your thoughts. Dover Delaware here. Things are doing well here. never lost power. It was pretty windy , Tree limbs down and both ends of the street on our block are flooded about 6 in. Not to bad now. Had one dog that did not care if it was a hurricane she just kept wanting to go out to run her circuit of the yard. had to shut the dog door due to water being blown in. That did not make her happy. Hope every one else is well.

Southern Maryland reporting in...we managed to keep our power and there are few trees down in our area...just a few limbs. Some flooding (as is to be expected so close to the Bay) but not as bad as predicted. Like somebody else said, this was unlike anything I have ever experienced and we didn't even get the worst of it here. It just went on and on and on. Now our thoughts turn to New York and New Jersey. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I too am in So Md and I am AMAZED we have power. We lost it for about 6 hours yesterday. BGE had us back up about 6pm. I could NOT believe it. So happy.

My friend in NY - who just moved into his house about 3 weeks ago - the same day his new born twins came home from the hospital - he had a tree land on his house.

Such a crazy storm.

Kathy

Wow, so many good wishes, thanks. We are in South Jersey between Atlantic City and Philadelphia. Amazed that we didn't lose power, other half of our town did. Several roads closed due to fallen tree (we are very heavily wooded here).

Looks like we were missed by the worst of it. Not so for many.

Archived