Kids first cruise!

TX2000

:D Hi all! We are taking our first "family cruise" in 2 months!! I am so excited. Our 12 year old did cruise with grandparents when she was 4, but she barely remembers... it is a first crusie for her 8 & 6 year old sisters.

I am making a Bon Voyage goody bag for each of them... so far I have cute cross-body bags they can wear with their names on them. I also bought each of them new swim suits, and rash guard shirts. I have flip flops, sunglasses, and bubbles for each as well. I am thinking of getting water proof disposable cameras for each... whatelse can I add to the goody-bags for the trip! I am so excited, and I know they are going to have an amazing time.

Thanks so much!

Lanyards, SUNSCREEN, a hat, matching tshirts to get their pictures made in, towel clips if they spend alot of time in the chairs in the sun (Boca makes ADORABLE ones), order something from Bon Voyage for them, water shoes, luggage tags, an inexpensive digital camera for them to take their own pictures with, new book to kill the time traveling to the ship, a specially decorated journal (for the older two) to write about their trip.....

Sounds like you will make some wonderful family memories!

a specially decorated journal (for the older two) to write about their trip....

Get one for all 3 girls. The youngest can draw pictures of her entries and dictate to someone what they are. It will be a great memory keeper for each of them to remember their first family cruise. It will also be interesting to see how each girl describes the days, what they each see as important, etc. Would be a great way to document family vacations as the girls grow. (with I had done this when mine were younger)

picture frame/album, obc, high lighter/pen (to mark stuff in the cappers/navigators/whatever), sticky notes (to leave notes to you/others)

I WOULD NOT put their names on the outside of the bags.

Love all the ideas, will be traveling with 11 yr old granddaughter next year.

Definitely agree about the names. We don't put the kids' names on anything anymore, sad, but necessary.

Have fun!!

Suggest you take scissors and glue then your daughters can stick things in the journals e.g. Tickets, map etc. also suggest a folder or plastic wallet where they can save the daily newsletter the special kids one plus menus and the other bits and pieces that get picked up as souvenirs.

Have a good cruise. Gillian.

If you think they might be interested in photography there are some nice digital cameras that are very reasonably priced. By the time you factor in the cost of processing the film and printing the pictures with a disposable camera a digital might be the better buy. And there's no limit on how many pictures they can take, if the pic doesn't work out you just delete it, etc. Once the pictures are downloaded to a computer they can be edited, e-mailed to friends / relatives. And they would have a chance to practice before the cruise.

Thanks so much!! Lots of great ideas!!

I am so excited to get more goodies for their trip! As for cameras, they each have digital camera's, but I am not allowing them to bring them off the ship. I wouldn't want them to lose them, or get them wet... so I will stick with waterproof disposables for shore excursions. I am thinking about the glue and scissors for attaching things to the journals... very good idea!! I know they would enjoy being able to make a scrapbook of sorts!

Thank you for the replies.

I would suggest a couple sheets of tropical stickers (for Caribbean) for each girl to decorate their journals. they could do them on the trip to port or while waiting to board.

You could also get little dollar store art stuff like scratch art or stencils to do while waiting for dinner to be served or for a show to start.

Other ideas- sunscreen lipbalm, mini umbrellas or ponchos, blow up floatie rings for beach, mini hand sanitizer, pretty headbands for elegant

night, new memory cards for cameras, gum (not usually available on ships), travel toothbrushes, powdered drink packets, ear plugs, eye

masks, ginger candy for seasickness, water bottles, glow necklaces, goggles, travel games- Uno, Go Fish, mini flashlights, cheap watches,

book/ magazine, $5 each in dollar bills to tip who they want... the list could go on...

Obviously bringing all of this x3 girls would be way too much :eek: but pick out the ones that would work for you and your girls.

Have a great trip!

Many of the kids programs have a pajama night or sleep over themed night -- so a cute new pair of pajama's in their packed bag with slippers of some sort (at least be sure to "keep" a pair clean because it tends to be one of the last nights).

Many also have a kid's talent show -- so be certain that they bring along whatever they might need if they might want to perform (music, et.al)

Archived