Play area for toddlers?

CarnivalGirl3

We're not looking to drop our daughter off, we're looking to take a family vacation and let Daddy get some quality fun time with daughter. (While I do nothing with cup of coffee and a book).

I see they have Nemo's Reef for water fun, but what about just a playroom type area? (In my head I see slides, ball bit, jumpy thing, tunnels, stuff to climb...)

Do Disney, or any of the lines, have a play area for Toddlers? Are we allowed with a child under 3 in the clubs/labs to play?

And a general question. Would we be stuck sitting with other people? I know carnival does this and we request a table for two. I need to make sure we can sit just us three.

Thanks!

We're not looking to drop our daughter off, we're looking to take a family vacation and let Daddy get some quality fun time with daughter. (While I do nothing with cup of coffee and a book).

I see they have Nemo's Reef for water fun, but what about just a playroom type area? (In my head I see slides, ball bit, jumpy thing, tunnels, stuff to climb...) The Oceanears Club/Lab has Open House hours during which adults/parents can accompany their children into the play area and participate with them. During regular secured programming, only the children are allowed. Oceanears Club/Lab is ages 3-12. Under 3 (and un-potty trained children) go in the Nursery.

Do Disney, or any of the lines, have a play area for Toddlers? Are we allowed with a child under 3 in the clubs/labs to play? See answer above

And a general question. Would we be stuck sitting with other people? I know carnival does this and we request a table for two. I need to make sure we can sit just us three. Well, you won't necessarily be "stuck" with others. Unless you make a request to be seated by yourselves, you may be assigned to a table with other people. It depends on how many are in your party. Each dining team serves a 2-top, a 4-top, and an 8-top table.

Thanks!

See my answers in red.

:)

thanks. If parents are with the child, do you still pay? The website makes it sound more like a daycare setting, requiring reservations, than a play/family area.

Can we just walk in and play?

(It's kinda hard to book play time ahead, I'd have no idea on her mood or naptime.)

The Oceaneer Club looks more fun, are open house hours posted anywhere? (With carnival it's just 8-10am on sea days).

thanks. If parents are with the child, do you still pay? The website makes it sound more like a daycare setting, requiring reservations, than a play/family area.

Can we just walk in and play?

(It's kinda hard to book play time ahead, I'd have no idea on her mood or naptime.)

The Oceaneer Club looks more fun, are open house hours posted anywhere? (With carnival it's just 8-10am on sea days).

You pay if you use the nursery (It's A Small World Nursery on the Dream & Fantasy; Flounders Reef Nursery on the Magic & Wonder). I think it's $6.00 per hour. You reserve your time for the nursery.

There's no charge for the Oceanears Club/Lab. Open House hours are posted in the daily Navigator. During this time parents must be with their children (of any age). Generally, the Open House is in either the Club or the Lab (alternatively) once a day at different times. It's just walk-in.

Thanks!

I'm disappointed there aren't open play areas for kids, since it is geared towards kids.

The only open play is

Kids clubs

and

At Castaway cay

Kids are supervised then.

On deck it has to be parental responsibly, there are so many passengers and kids onboard and it is a ship and they have pools, so parents have to take responsibility.

I see they have Nemo's Reef for water fun, but what about just a playroom type area? (In my head I see slides, ball bit, jumpy thing, tunnels, stuff to climb...)

Do Disney, or any of the lines, have a play area for Toddlers? Are we allowed with a child under 3 in the clubs/labs to play?

Thanks!

Hi, we just had a family cruise on the Disney Magic this year, and there are many opportunities for "family" play. Every morning (on the Magic) in the Promenade Lounge they have Toddler Time (blocks, cars, tents, etc) followed by wake up with Disney Junior. Several times a day they had family dancing - and it was fun. You'd see Adults to toddlers all dancing, many times with the characters. We observed the Oceaneers Club had very good family open house hours - sometimes 2-3 hours. This is when family can bring kids and use all the attractions as a family. The Oceaneers Club does having climbing, crafts, so much to do! (when open house occurs for the Club for instance, the Lab is still open for kids to go to without parents). This link may help you find both Family activities as well as Open house hours each day. Scroll down to the 2012 Personal navigators, and look for the itinerary & ship you are considering.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm. For instance, if you see the 09/22/2012 Galveston 7-night itinerary, that shows the toddler time, open house, etc.

Have fun!

Me3: THANKS!!! Toddler Time sounds perfect minus the tv part, but hell, some tv time for one won't kill her)!!!

I know from past cruises, you don't find out a lot until you're on the ship, which was great when it was just us, add a kid to the mix and I feel the need to 'plan' a bit more. Or at least make sure daddy and dd aren't bored.

DISNEY FANTASY-our daughter will never be without me/dh. It sounds like the kids club aren't open play (as in you walk in and can play with your child). I think there was a misunderstanding. We'll take responsibility for dd, I was just hoping for a more playroom/park type area to bring her.

What is 'At Castaway cay'? I haven't seen this yet.

Castaway Cay is Disney's private island in the Bahamas. It's a nice day at the beach, but your ship is the only one there. They have other things there for young kids such as a splash area and character greetings. The character dance party (around noon on our trip) is a fun time. It's a really nice stop.

I don't think you'll have to worry about being bored. Rather than being bored, we've found that you need to pick your activities and not try to do everything, especially with a younger child. Also, it's important to be flexible because it's a lot to take in and kids will get tired! We saw kids sleeping in the dining room on our Disney cruise. Our daughter (5 years old) was barely awake one night and our son (6 months) slept through most dinners.

DISNEY FANTASY-our daughter will never be without me/dh. It sounds like the kids club aren't open play (as in you walk in and can play with your child). I think there was a misunderstanding. We'll take responsibility for dd, I was just hoping for a more playroom/park type area to bring her.

There are scheduled times when anyone can be in the kids clubs (Oceaneers Club and Lab). During these times you can bring you child into the club and play with them. This is not a drop off session.

The nursery is open for drop off only (and you pay for this).

We are bringing our 23 month old son and after scouring Navigators I am very sure that we will have plenty to keep us busy and happy.

I agree, toddler time, nemo's reef, plus the open house hours I think we'll be fine! Plus I'll bring bubbles, a few books, and her popup tent/tunnel.

I will point out that DCL doesn't like bubbles on deck (especially at the pool area). It makes the decks slippery. It isn't listed anywhere on the website, but I know that people have been asked to stop blowing bubbles on deck (at least at the sailaway party). They would be OK at Castaway Cay, though.

Archived