eeek we're going to Barbados

Thanks peeps, will have to dig the clothes out sooner than i expected. Hope i can cope with the flight!
I was like that the first time :eek: but we had snow all week before we went, and had a 6 hour delay at Gatwick :eek: so by the time we got on the plane, I was past caring, we were with some friends and it really went quite quickly. Coming back you have your meal and then sleep the rest of the way as it is overnight. I've been 3 times now. But I still don't fancy 12 hours to Thailand :D:D

I was like that the first time :eek: but we had snow all week before we went, and had a 6 hour delay at Gatwick :eek: so by the time we got on the plane, I was past caring, we were with some friends and it really went quite quickly. Coming back you have your meal and then sleep the rest of the way as it is overnight. I've been 3 times now. But I still don't fancy 12 hours to Thailand :D:D

If you fly from Newcastle it takes 12 hours to the Caribbean anyway, so no change going to Thailand.;)

Well you can, if you can get your doggy some good lodgings. :rolleyes:

you could leave him with me, but I don't think my cats would like it. :eek:

Blow the cats I'm packing his bags.:D

Yes i have a rough idea :D hopefully find something to keep me occupied :D

Actually gizzie I was a bit bothered about the length of the flight too before we went the first time but the planes are altogether more spacious especially as compared to the one we travelled in to Egypt. I've never felt to hemmed in as on that journey and vowed I'd not go again on account of the flight. Others have commented too on the length of this trip (certainly not a long haul but rather more than short!) and how squashed in they felt so I don't think it was just our experience. The long haul planes we've been on to the Caribbean have had more space to move around and the seats have more space so it's altogether more comfortable.

For the Caribbean I think I went with a different mind-set and knew it was going to be a long one and went prepared with mp3, book, puzzle book and as as others have said, you get something to eat (a snack and a meal) during the flight which breaks the time up a bit. The return being overnight is generally snooze-time which helps the time pass too. But I was quite surprised that it didn't feel as long as I thought it would as and someone who was very nervous about a long flight I found it absolutely fine.

In any case you'll be so excited a long flight is a small price to pay - the fabulous Caribbean, sun, sea, Bahama Mamas on the beach - and seeing your son of course! I want to come!!! :D ;)

Actually gizzie I was a bit bothered about the length of the flight too before we went the first time but the planes are altogether more spacious especially as compared to the one we travelled in to Egypt. I've never felt to hemmed in as on that journey and vowed I'd not go again on account of the flight. Others have commented too on the length of this trip (certainly not a long haul but rather more than short!) and how squashed in they felt so I don't think it was just our experience. The long haul planes we've been on to the Caribbean have had more space to move around and the seats have more space so it's altogether more comfortable.

For the Caribbean I think I went with a different mind-set and knew it was going to be a long one and went prepared with mp3, book, puzzle book and as as others have said, you get something to eat (a snack and a meal) during the flight which breaks the time up a bit. The return being overnight is generally snooze-time which helps the time pass too. But I was quite surprised that it didn't feel as long as I thought it would as and someone who was very nervous about a long flight I found it absolutely fine.

In any case you'll be so excited a long flight is a small price to pay - the fabulous Caribbean, sun, sea, Bahama Mamas on the beach - and seeing your son of course! I want to come!!! :D ;)

Just sit back and enjoy your flight..We look at it as the start of our holiday.Yes it's a long flight,but look what you get at the end of it:D

Thought I was going to make you all jealous, by saying that I will be the first to go as we are flying from Newcastle on 20th January - but then I saw that Triona

will be going on 6th January -----GRRRRRRRR. Don't drink the ship dry.

Incidentally, it's a 10 hour flight from Newcastle - but that's just nitpicking.

Not long now!!!:cool:

Thought I was going to make you all jealous, by saying that I will be the first to go as we are flying from Newcastle on 20th January - but then I saw that Triona

will be going on 6th January -----GRRRRRRRR. Don't drink the ship dry.

Incidentally, it's a 10 hour flight from Newcastle - but that's just nitpicking.

Not long now!!!:cool:

Yea I know, but when we went they decided to pop to Manchester to drop the crew off. :eek:

Yea I know, but when we went they decided to pop to Manchester to drop the crew off. :eek:

On the 3 occasions I have travelled to Mexico from Newcastle the reason we were given for popping into Manchester was to top up with fuel as they could not take off from the Newcastle runway with enough fuel to cross the Atlantic. Apparently this was because we would be flying against the winds needing more fuel,while on coming back there is a tail wind, therefore less fuel needed, and we could fly straight back to Newcastle!!

Archived