Suites

dbeckett

Can anyone comment if the Queen in any of the suites can be made into twin beds or if there are any suites which have twin beds.

I cruise with my brother and other lines have had suites which could convert their Queens into twins.

We are gearing up to book the Regatta's Amazon cruise (not next year as suites are sold out) so if anyone has any comments about the Amazon cruise they would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

All of the staterooms, and all of the Suites, on every Oceania ship may be made up with twin beds if that is the desire of the passenger(s).

Having sailed on all four ships, it is my impression that what they call a twin bed on the Nautica and Regatta is slightly narrower than a "normal" twin bed, while those on the Riviera & Marina are fairly standard sized.

The same luxurious linens are used throughout the fleet, but I would be surprised if the fitted sheets for the twin beds were interchangeable.

than a standard single bed on Nautica and Regatta for sure.

The Queen size bed on those ships is 66" wide, whereas a typical Queen that we would buy at the store is 60".( I had a tape measure on the cruise to try and get a salt mill to match my pepper mill while in Corfu for the 2nd time. I don't normally measure things on cruise ships, but I felt the bed was wider than a regular Queen, so measured it to satisfy my curiosity!)

A typical single is 36" wide, so when splitting the queen on the O ships, it would be 33".

We were on the Riviera this past June in an Oceania Suite. We had a king size bed that could not have been separated into two beds. Our travel agent confirmed before we booked that this would be the case. Have they changed the beds since our trip?

We were on the Riviera this past June in an Oceania Suite. We had a king size bed that could not have been separated into two beds. Our travel agent confirmed before we booked that this would be the case. Have they changed the beds since our trip?

I'm sure they did not.:)

Sometimes passengers strenuously object to the "seam" between the mattresses when two twins are pushed together to form a king. In those cases Oceania will replace those mattresses with a single king mattress. In some cases, the entire bed will be changed out.

That bed will then remain in that configuration until the next "request for a change"; however, they are all changeable. ;)

There is another thread about the Regatta's cruise to the Amazon. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1731459 I loved this cruise. I read up on Amazoniat in the books "1491" and "1493", certain chapters. I am sure there are other books which I haven't found yet. Bring binoculars.

My take: The people who thought the river was boring would also say that a Mississippi cruise is boring if they know nothing about its history. However, if you want a close-up experience of the jungle, you need to go to the upper parts of Amazonia. Fly in from Peru and Ecuador.

Were you by chance in an upper suite? We had a king bed on Marina when we were in a Vista Suite a year ago. We had our usual queen bed on Regatta this summer which can be split into two.

I have been assuming the king beds were only in the top suites on the new ships, but that's just been an assumption based on our Vista experience.

Mura

According to the Oceania website, king size beds are only in the Owners suite, Vista suite and Oceania suite on the Riviera and Marina. The website says that elsewhere on those two ships there is a queen size bed that can be separated into two twin beds. For the two older ships it jut says queen size bed for all rooms and suites. I think they can always be separated into two twin beds

Sometimes passengers strenuously object to the "seam" between the mattresses when two twins are pushed together to form a king. In those cases Oceania will replace those mattresses with a single king mattress. In some cases, the entire bed will be changed out.

That bed will then remain in that configuration until the next "request for a change"; however, they are all changeable. ;)

Thanks for the "heads-up"...will ask for this on our long T/ A in 2 weeks..

Archived