Baltimore area to the Port of NY options?

lowroller

Anyone have any other options for a group of 17 - possibly 20, to get from Baltimore area to the Port of New York?

I have looked in to chartering bus, cheapest I could find would be $1400 each way.

I looked at the train, it's around $49 each way.

Driving and parking is too expensive, 200 miles plus tolls and parking per each car at $35 a night!

The last option was the public buses, such as "Megabus" or "Peter Pan" around $30 each way, not sure at the exact cost as the schedule is not out for July. We would have to make sure that we all purchased our bus tickets as soon as they go on sale. I guess this would be the cheapest.

Thoughts or ideas anyone???

Thanks

We use one of the NY toDC busses, we live in VA "inside the beltway". The Mega bus would work they usually have good availability (we use Vamoose as they allow 2 checked bags per person). Check their website now and that will tell you haw far in advance you can book.

• 1 month later...
I would take Amtrak. Hopefully you are not needing to go to NYC in the next week or so as right now Amtrak still cannot get into NYC from the south yet.

Amtrak is good into NYC as of last Friday at least. My friend and his fiance took Friday off and went up to NYC from BWI on Friday to get their marriage license. We are all heading up this Friday.

Amtrak is good into NYC as of last Friday at least. My friend and his fiance took Friday off and went up to NYC from BWI on Friday to get their marriage license. We are all heading up this Friday.

That's good to know. I knew it would not take Amtrak too long to get those tracks back up and running after Sandy.

Archived