Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

One bottle for 5 nights??:eek::eek:

The rule of 2 bottles per cabin could also be a positive thing, for example: 5 day cruise, single parent with child in same cabin. Cheers!

What's worse is 2 bottles for 3 adults (in same cabin) for 12 nights...I get better pours than that just to sample wine somewhere :( They could at least follow Carnival's rule of 1 bottle per adult per cabin; only in carry on--if they would allow carry on and checked luggage there is no way to tell if you carried on and check, so they confiscate all checked.

We'll use the benefit to add to our on board wine purchase, not take the place of it. I never expected I would try to bring on all I may want to drink

Marci

Oh I know and agree...........I just like being able to bring 2 bottles ,no matter the length of the cruise.I'm glad RCCL has finally come around..

In addition to hotels, restaurants, and transportation info, now I've got to add another list to my cruise notes: "Wine stores near each port". Might be worth starting a new thread.

Bob

Edited by clarea

In addition to hotels, restaurants, and transportation info, now I've got to add another list to my cruise notes: "Wine stores near each port". Might be worth starting a new thread.

Bob

hey~ I see a business venture in my future.......I will buy wine and meet those flying in to deliver it..;)

You could bring on one of these bottles of swill(no offense to those who like it);)

carlo.jpg

Oh thanks loads for posting this Kathy. You just gave AG another idea for wines in the CL.:rolleyes:

Bob

I have been trying to decide between Allure and Oasis for a future cruise. We would be flying in that morning. Since Total Wine doesn't open until noon on Sunday and Allure sails on Sunday. Oasis it will be.

Why bring a bottle on board, 3 glass of wine per bottle (approx.) @ $6.00/$7.00 glass.( I drink the cheaper wines) Your still NOT ahead of the game!!!:confused::(:eek:

I'm just buying mine on board, you get more for the buck!

Am I missing something here?? :confused:

But if they don't serve your favorite bottle of wine onboard it is nice to know that we will now be able to bring one or two bottles with us. And since we can never smuggled anything (wine, rum, soft drinks, etc.) onboard I am glad to see that I can bring a bottle on two onboard, along with a corkscrew, and drink a glass or two in my stateroom.

Can't wait to hear everyone's experience from today and tomorrow as they start out their cruise vacations!

It would be nice if it were updated on the US website, but I did notice the Luggage Tag policy still is not updated on their FAQ's...so who knows how long it will take to update this policy!

I have been trying to decide between Allure and Oasis for a future cruise. We would be flying in that morning. Since Total Wine doesn't open until noon on Sunday and Allure sails on Sunday. Oasis it will be.

Yet another reason for flying in the day before.;)

Edited by clarea

I just won't sail on a line that has restrictive wine policies. It makes me kind of crazy to be treated like a teenager or be forced to pay a corkage fee on wine I want to drink on my balcony. No RCL, NCL, or Carnival in my future.

I just won't sail on a line that has restrictive wine policies. It makes me kind of crazy to be treated like a teenager or be forced to pay a corkage fee on wine I want to drink on my balcony. No RCL, NCL, or Carnival in my future.

I'm pretty sure I saw the corkage fees only apply if you are bringing it to the MDR. There is no fee for drinking it in your room.

FANTASTIC!

Note to RCI....I'm still buying the wine package like I do every cruise. I just don't have to sneak the box wine on now for the stateroom!!!

RCI hasn't lost anything on us - just made it nicer to cruise. Thank you. :D

We always buy the wine package - 12 bottles for 7 days - open 2 at dinner - bring back to room to drink in the shows or the next day -

Now we will be able to bring 2 of our favorite bottles to also have! :cool:

The publix supermarket next door sells wine too and they are open 7 am on a sunday and have lots of wine to chose from.

I'm pretty sure I saw the corkage fees only apply if you are bringing it to the MDR. There is no fee for drinking it in your room.

Well that's good to know, but if I can't buy local wine when I visit ports, I still won't go.

The corkage fee is worth it for champagne, but I would feel tacky bringing my own bottle into a restaurant to save a few bucks. I will definitely bring a bottle to enjoy in the stateroom though!:D

I guess you have not dined out in Montreal. There are fabulous restaurants where you can bring your own wine. You almost feel uncomfortable not bringing a bottle in with you.:D

$25 is a bit steep but if you have a special wine you want to bring with you it's great you can now do it. I will certainly take advantage if this on our next cruise but the bottles will not be coming from Costco!;)

I wonder how they are going to enforce the 2 bottles per cabin policy. If I have 2 bottles in a checked bag and 2 bottles in my carry on.. and my partner does the same and we board at different times... that's 8 bottles of wine! WOO HOO!!

Why would we care:confused: and the age old question, why would you post that if you don't sail rci:confused:

Well said "set sail" I wish folks would read the rules before posting silly answers.

Oh thanks loads for posting this Kathy. You just gave AG another idea for wines in the CL.:rolleyes:

Bob

Oh no, not those. But honestly, there are certain box wines I'd be content to see in the CL, maybe in addition to LeTerre for those who'd rather have their free poured wine from a glass bottle.