Help with Price on 3rd and 4th Passenger

Airpezman

Dear Cruise Board,

I am researching for a [B]Cruise this summer[/B]. I have sailed many times, and the ports of call are not of importance. I am searching for a "nice ship" at a "nice price". Aren't we all? I'll even squeeze 4 people into a cabin.

Question: Is the price considerably lower for the 3rd and 4th passenger inside a cabin?

From my initial research, I have only seen price drop offs of 50-75 dollars for 3rd and 4th passenger. Is it ever much lower than this?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! Any tips, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated on this..

~Airpezman~
[email]lawboy05@aol.com[/email]

Sometimes you can save a ton of money on the 3rd and 4th passenger in a cabin. Of course it helps if 1 and 2 are paying alot for their berths -- easier to save from $1999 than it is from $599!

A good travel agent should be able to give you a lot of info on a topic like this very quickly.

Or you could come to this board and ask the question! - which is what he did Boston.

3rd and 4th person rates are much higher in the summer than the other three seasons. This is because its prime family cruise time with the kids out of school. If you look in September, October and November - you'll find the third and fourth rates around $250 to $350 for a seven night cruise. If you really get lucky (and it can happen; it happened to us twice) the third and fourth sail for port taxes and fees only!

Go to icruise.com and play around with their online booking engine. Try a few summer cruises for four and then try a couple in the fall on the same ship and itinerary - you'll see what I mean. And you don't need a travel agent to help you!!!!!

Peter

Peter gave some wonderful information.
Go to a online web site and make believe you are booking a cruise. It will ask how many passengers- put in 4- doesnt make a difference if the 3rd person is 2 or twenty. Look at the booking all the way to the end because some do not add the port and taxes til the end. Summer time is high because it is prime family vacation season. If you can only cruise in the summer that 3rd & 4th price may warrant their own cabin.
We have sailed the last week in August or the first week in September where the 3rd and 4th person was only 199 bucks.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Go to icruise.com and play around with their online booking engine <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well, that's pretty much what I said, as they're all travel agents. But if it makes you feel better to put down the way I said it, Pete, feel free.

We're doing the Caribbean Princess in September and our 3rd person is only $60 plus port charges and taxes!! As far as we're concerned, you can't beat that!! We are in an inside cabin though!! Our first non-balcony cabin!!! I hope I can handle it!! We're cruising with friends that wanted us close to them and we wanted to keep it "cheap"!!

Car Destiny-W Caribbean-6/1/00
Sovereign - Bahamas - 6/15/01
Star Princess-Alaska-7/16/02
Navigator-E Caribbean-8/02/03
Mariner-W Caribbean-01/25/04
Caribbean Princess - 9/25/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
UNTIL THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS !!!!!!

Kathi

[img]http://home.insightbb.com/~laginog/Kathi_Whale001.gif[/img]

LOVE THE VOYAGER AND GRAND CLASS!!! BUT ANY SHIP WILL DO!!!

Thanks for all of the helpful information!!!

When members are arguing over calibers of advice, it displays that people care about this board. It's wonderful to see this!

Pez

~Airpezman~
[email]lawboy05@aol.com[/email]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Nitemare - Comparing what you said to what I said is like saying the Red Sox are the same calibre baseball team as the Yankees.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Half a game difference in the standings as we type, so I agree!

You go to your travel agent, I'll go to mine.

Archived