Riviera Cruise Director December

naxos

We had Nolan Dean on our Regatta cruise in June He was very good. He is talented and fun and doesn't take himself too seriously. His wife was very sick and you could tell he really wanted to be in Tennessee and not in the middle of the Atlantic. But he carried on and provided wonderful service and lots of fun. I think you'll like him.

We had Nolan Dean on our Regatta cruise in June He was very good. He is talented and fun and doesn't take himself too seriously. His wife was very sick and you could tell he really wanted to be in Tennessee and not in the middle of the Atlantic. But he carried on and provided wonderful service and lots of fun. I think you'll like him.

Differing opinion. I thought Nolan Dean was the worst cruise director I have ever come across -- totally unsuitable to Oceania. A buffoon in many respects, ill prepared, unaware of what was going on throughout the ship and utterly disorganized. He also made many totally inappropriate and offensive comments which he thought were "jokes." I cannot believe he is still with Oceania. He might be OK on Carnival. I wrote to corporate, beyond filling out the comment cards. Many of us found him incredibly annoying and thought he took away from our enjoyment. I fear having to sail with him again as I am a big trivia player and he makes it not worth going.

I have raved about and the sung the praises of every Oceania cruise director except Nolan Dean. IMO he is shockingly bad in every respect. Again, my opinion. I wish they'd send him to Regent so I would have no chance of sailing with him again.

... I thought Nolan Dean was the worst cruise director I have ever come across -- totally unsuitable to Oceania. A buffoon in many respects, ill prepared, unaware of what was going on throughout the ship and utterly disorganized. He also made many totally inappropriate and offensive comments which he thought were "jokes." I cannot believe he is still with Oceania...
Wow Pacheco, we won't put you down as undecided! ;);)

Nolan Dean is the CD for our upcoming Riviera crossing. But I'll not worry, since the CD is relatively inconsequential to our cruise enjoyment. I realize that's not the case for everyone. Over the years, we've had a few great and memorable CDs as well as our fair share of duds. We just take 'em as we find 'em.

Archived