How early? Barcelona port to airport

:oWhat the earliest you have made it to the airport after docking in Barcelona on an RCCL cruise.

I dock at 6 am and fly out at 10:00 am on an international flight, The cruise line says thats the earliest flight that I can make. Have you ever done it??

Just looking for a little indication that I am not crazy to attempt this :confused:

I know there are a million what if's but just looking for a general feel of things, never having sailed into Barcelona.

Thanks Donna

Donna, we have just done exactly that. (Docked at 0600 with celebrity solstice Barcelona.) We always look after our own transfers as we have found Celebrity tend to make a meal of it, and look after their own target of getting you off this ship asap. The trip to the airport was 20 minutes, and cost 27 Euro. (Including the supplement for the baggage). We left the port at 0900.

Hope this puts your mind at ease. Based on our experience loads of time.

Have fun:)

Thank you. It is so good to hear from someone who has done it.

If you don't mind a have a few questions.

Was the 27 Euro the charge for two people? and did you just grab a cab or have something arranged in advance?

Did you request early debarcation? (Is that a word) as we fly out at 10am I believe we need to be at the airport around 8am?

I appreciate your personal experience.

We are booked out on 10:40 flight, this was actually the one RCI had us on if we had booked through them. We were also advised to keep our luggage with us and do "walk off" and catch a cab. We are using Barcelona Day Tours for pickup from the airport and may try to book pick up from the ship, otherwise I am sure there will be cabs waiting.

We've done this multiple times. We leave the ship WITH our luggage, get a taxi around 7:15-7:30 and head to the airport. You've got plenty of time if you get off the ship. Getting off later could be a problem because the security lines are usually pretty long in BCN. We've made a 9:00 flight before with no problem.

The quoted amount of 27 euros is very accurate for 2 people plus luggage and about 20 minutes to the airport.

We are booked out on 10:40 flight, this was actually the one RCI had us on if we had booked through them. We were also advised to keep our luggage with us and do "walk off" and catch a cab. We are using Barcelona Day Tours for pickup from the airport and may try to book pick up from the ship, otherwise I am sure there will be cabs waiting.

I had great luck with Barcelona Day Tours. Some times you have a long wait for a taxi.

One suggestion. Look up BCN terminal map and have an idea of where you need to be and where the gates for your airline will be. (Just in case you need to sprint ( 26.2 training will come in handy..lol) We had an hour line to check in at Swiss Air. It took about 30 minutes to get thrrough security and to our gate. Our friends walked the wrong way to the gates because they were not marked clearly. We took a mini van and it was more than a regular cab but it was next in line and we did not want to wait. Our friends also made a nine thirty flight. They lelt the ship at 6:30.

Off the Liberty on Oct 20th. We had time to get breakfast and left ship at 7:15. Found a cab right away. Our cost was 35 euros. Made it to the airport before 8 AM. Had plenty of time to make 10:40 flight. Just ask for directions to the gate if you aren't sure which direction to go. Also, we printed out our boarding passes on the ship on Friday.

Archived