Carnival Legend Late

jkm151

Waited for over an hour for 2 non-US citizens to get to where they needed to be. Lots of unhappy ppl right about now. Called for self assist a few min ago. Definitely not the "fun ship" currently. Bars closed and now we have PO'd ppl everywhere! <sigh>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Waited for over an hour for 2 non-US citizens to get to where they needed to be. Lots of unhappy ppl right about now. Called for self assist a few min ago. Definitely not the "fun ship" currently. Bars closed and now we have PO'd ppl everywhere! <sigh>

What did folks on the ship do for dinner? Surely, not everyone fit in the buffet ?? :confused::)

What did folks on the ship do for dinner? Surely, not everyone fit in the buffet ?? :confused::)

They had lido open for lunch food. Closed up a bit ago. It was a mess!! On zones now- 1-6. I have 7. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

It is 509 nautical miles from the Port of Tampa to Cozumel and the Legend can travel at 21 knots so as long as she departs by about 6 or 7 tomorrow morning she will be able to make port in Cozumel by the scheduled 8 a.m. on Tuesday.:cool:

On the BTF tour on Pride, I noticed on the bridge we were going a little over 25 knots, so considering they are sister ships, I think the Legend can do it as well. Whether they will burn the massive amount of extra fuel to make up for a 7 or 8 hour delayed departure though, who knows.

On the BTF tour on Pride, I noticed on the bridge we were going a little over 25 knots, so considering they are sister ships, I think the Legend can do it as well. Whether they will burn the massive amount of extra fuel to make up for a 7 or 8 hour delayed departure though, who knows.

Yes, Spirit class is really fast, with a 25 knot top cruising speed. Most cruise ships top out around 21 knots.

Legend won't have any trouble making her first port on time.

Just talked to my in-laws who finally got on the ship. They had both the dining room and buffet open but said it will be after 11:00 before everyone is loaded. The already had their bags in the cabin. Then they will have to do the muster drill before they leave. Long day for all involved.

For anyone interested in the 1980 Skyway Bridge tragedy, here is some info and pics.... http://gcaptain.com/may-9-1980-tampa-skyway-bridge-disaster

Thanks for posting that. I remember reading about it but I was working in Minnesota then and really couldn"t remember everything about it. I just remembered a bridge in florida collapsing. Now I know what bridge and where. What a horrible tragedy.

LOL. There might not be dinner in the MDR tonight, but you know there will be plenty of food elsewhere - it's a cruise!

The food wasnt that great either:rolleyes:.. The most I enjoyed was talking to a happy little boy about the trip he was enjoying with his daddy:) to pass along the time.. new at this and trying to find where to post a review

Archived