Just returned from 10 days on Marina

khuselid

Hello all,

Just returned from a fabulous cruise, Istanbul to Athens, aboard the Marina. We got a last minute upsell to a suite which was way fun and unexpected!

There isn't anything we didn't like about this cruise and we are first time Oceania-ites, except that somewhere along the way I got a nasty cold which I am still recuperating from!

I am happy to answer questions rather than give you all a blow by blow. Any first time Oceania cruisers with worries....fear not...We are 60 ish and enjoy being very active and doing our own thing. We met fabulous like minded folks with whom to share meals and activites. This hasn't happened for us on other, larger, cruises.

Now to just decide where we want to go next....

Kim

Do not worry Kim, Oceania will keep sending you brochures for your to drool over while you make your mind up about where to go next.:D Glad you enjoyed your first cruise. We are heading towards our third with Oceania and for some mysterious reason, the cruises keep getting longer and longer.:eek:

Hello all,

Just returned from a fabulous cruise, Istanbul to Athens, aboard the Marina. We got a last minute upsell to a suite which was way fun and unexpected!We are 60 ish and enjoy being very active and doing our own thing. We met fabulous like minded folks with whom to share meals and activites. This hasn't happened for us on other, larger, cruises.

Now to just decide where we want to go next....

Kim

Kim - we are 60ish too, have had 1 Oceania cruise, and are leaving in about 2 weeks for our next one.

Just wanted to add...I TOTALLY agree with you about the people we met. You called them "fabulous like minded folks" and that's exactly what they are! We never found that on any of the other ships we sailed on.

Take a look at the wonderful catalogs you will start receiving to decide where you want to go next. I have told Jody it doesn't matter if we've been somewhere before...it's the journey!!

Archived