CHOICE AIR - pros & cons

sharke

I recently booked Reflection April TA which required flying PHL-MIA and then FCO-PHL. I booked ChoiceAir for the first time. Their fare for the AA/BA flights I wanted was less than 50% of the going rate on all online sites including American and BA, with nonstop to MIA and one 2H connection in LHR to PHL. Other lines fly/cruise options prices were always approximately the same as independent booking. I hope the "you get what you pay for" demon does not pup up!

I've used them for the 2nd time for my upcoming transatlantic, and my first experience was fine. I booked Delta flights through Choice Air and was able to go to the Delta site to choose/upgrade my seats (I have elite frequent flyer status) and received mileage and flight segment credit for my frequent flyer number. And received my appropriate number of bags free.

Using the "if it quacks like a duck" analogy of a previous poster, in this case it quacks and walks just like any other flight on Delta...just costs less than half of what it would to book a one-way flight via the airline or another travel agency.

I don't think you have anything to worry about--at least, no more than you would be worrying about on a flight booked via any other method!

We also are using Choice Air for a flight back from Rome in May. After researching flights, we found that the fares thru Choice Air was substantially lower than booking thru various search sites or the airlines itself. We chose the airline, we chose the times, and we chose our seating. It's an easy process.

Choice air is often good for one way flights as on a transatlantic, because you don't get raped as you do when dealing direct with the airlines. Also, it is easy to see which fares are refundable with choice air. We booked a rt NY to Rome through choice air, which was refundable, but with charges. We had to cancel at the last minute, got our air returned less the fee, & recovered te fee from our travel insurance.

It does pay to shop for air, using both choice air & other means; sometimes you can still get a better deal on your own.

I don't think anyone will deny ChoiceAir prices for one-way Transatlantic flights are true bargains. 99% of the time the flights will probably go off without a hitch. As a consumer, just check w/Choice Air as to the restrictions/condition on the ticket you're buying so that you know where you stand in the "pecking order" in the unlikely event something goes awry.

Archived