NCL POA Molokini Crater and the Turtle Arches Excursion

joan72761

Can anyone please give me an idea of how many people are on the boats/catamarans for the POA excursion to the Molokini Crater and the Turtle Arches snorkle trip in Maui? We want to do this but don't want to be jammed up. We considered some of the many private excursions to these two snorkeling spots but they leave too early on our first day in port and we would have to obtain transportation to and from the port to where the excursions depart from on our second day.

If you went with NCL and care to share I would also love to know your opinion and what lunch and drinks and such were provided. Thanks so much. :)

I can't answer your question about how many on the excursion to Molokini, but can tell you that we took a trip out there in 2010 and were disappointed. There aren't that many bright and fun fish out there around Molokini. We swam around a bit and saw some black fish, but that was about it.

We DID enjoy the boat ride out there and back. We saw some dolphins on our way back that were neat. We didn't go to the turtle place, and that might have made it better.

If you are hoping to see some neat tropical colorful fish, don't go to Molokini. If you just want a nice boat ride and to snorkel a bit, then it will be fine.

Archived