Where to go after Breeze cruise ? Help !

Ykgorbie

DH and I have been off of the ship for two weeks now and I am already in "Let's plan our next vacation" mode...even though it's a year away. What I need help with is this: Looking to do a holiday that's about 18 or so days long. That holiday will include an 8 night cruise on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami. (Nov.'13). We live so far from Miami and have to take 3 flights to get there so I am looking for/wondering what suggestions anyone has for a week long getaway after the cruise. We've spent 5 nights in Key West before, have spent a lot of time in Fort Lauderdale and also Miami, so wondering about other places that are easy and affordable to fly to from Miami, maybe (but not necessarily) all inclusive? Can anyone share any experiences of spending time on an island in the Caribbean?

Miami is a huge hub for caribbean islands. When we flew there they mentioned that from our flight people were headed to 10 or more separate places. Those include Puerto Rico, USVI, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Aruba, etc.

I am not familiar with AI but had friends do their honeymoon at one in Aruba last year and loved it.

Is there a particular island that you loved that you would want to spend some extra time at? Or one that you have always wanted to visit?

DH and I have been off of the ship for two weeks now and I am already in "Let's plan our next vacation" mode...even though it's a year away. What I need help with is this: Looking to do a holiday that's about 18 or so days long. That holiday will include an 8 night cruise on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami. (Nov.'13). We live so far from Miami and have to take 3 flights to get there so I am looking for/wondering what suggestions anyone has for a week long getaway after the cruise. We've spent 5 nights in Key West before, have spent a lot of time in Fort Lauderdale and also Miami, so wondering about other places that are easy and affordable to fly to from Miami, maybe (but not necessarily) all inclusive? Can anyone share any experiences of spending time on an island in the Caribbean?

If you're doing the 11/23/13 sailing of the Breeze already, you're getting back to Miami on Sunday 12/1/13. If you decide to do the AI route, I would recommend looking at the Riviera Maya area of Mexico, which is south of Cancun. There are many different resorts in all price ranges, but you really need to do your research because some resorts are buffet only and only have bar named liquor, while others are ala carte and have top shelf. Even more so than cruising, with regards to AI's, you get what you pay for, but bargains can be had.

Another option would be to go on another cruise either out of Miami or Ft Lauderdale. The time period that you're thinking of going is one of the best for bargain prices since it is after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. You could stay in Miami and do a B2B on the Breeze with the 6 day sailing. Insides are 379 + taxes. Out of Ft Lauderdale, there are 3 good options, one is a 6 day sailing on RCI's Independence of the Seas for 467 + taxes. Another is RCI's Allure of the Seas @ 747 + tax and the final is the brand new Royal Princess @ 709 + tax. If it were me, I would choose the Allure. There's nothing to compare it to on the Seas and you would be sailing on it at a time of year where the rates are not sky high. Good luck with your decision.

Another vote for a back to back cruise. You could easily hop off the Carnival Breeze and hop on another ship or another cruise line departing from either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. It should be more cost effective than doing a week long all inclusive with airfare,etc.

Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Norwegian and Holland America have some of their newest and best ships sailing out of the South Florida ports during that time of year. Royal's Allure and Oasis of the Seas are absolutely amazing, and the ships are destinations themselves.

Archived