Rental Car to Port Canaveral Question

One Morlock

Using rental car to get to Port Canaveral the morning of our cruise. Wondering if I'm better off to drop family off at port and then return rental car and take shuttle, or should we all go when dropping rental car off and all take the shuttle to the ship? Just not sure how far rental return is from ship and how long my family would have to wait outside for my return. Using Avis if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Using rental car to get to Port Canaveral the morning of our cruise. Wondering if I'm better off to drop family off at port and then return rental car and take shuttle, or should we all go when dropping rental car off and all take the shuttle to the ship? Just not sure how far rental return is from ship and how long my family would have to wait outside for my return. Using Avis if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I've used Avis for my past 2 PC cruises. They're fantastic. They use large buses to transport people from their facility to the pier. I think PC charges vehicles to enter, so it would probably be easiest to return the car together and take the shuttle as one group. If you're going early, they won't take anyone unless you tell them you're in a wedding or something. Mike is a great shuttle driver with them, so you shouldn't have any problems.

I've used Avis for my past 2 PC cruises. They're fantastic. They use large buses to transport people from their facility to the pier. I think PC charges vehicles to enter, so it would probably be easiest to return the car together and take the shuttle as one group. If you're going early, they won't take anyone unless you tell them you're in a wedding or something. Mike is a great shuttle driver with them, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks EMBFlyer! Appreciate the info!

It's easier to drop off your family at Port Canaveral along with your luggage and then return the rental vehicle to their facility located near the port. Most rental locations are just a few minutes south of Port Canaveral in either Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach on A1A (Astronaut Blvd). You are not charged a fee when you drop off cruise passengers at the port. You are only charged if you park in the lot. In August 2012 I dropped the luggage off at the pier and returned the vehicle to the Budget location in Cape Canaveral. It was a short wait for the shuttle bus to fill up and return us back to Port Canaveral. Some other posters have stated that after they returned the rental vehicle they called a taxi for the return because they didn't want to wait for the shuttle to fill up. The whole process in August took less than one hour.

It's easier to drop off your family at Port Canaveral along with your luggage and then return the rental vehicle to their facility located near the port. Most rental locations are just a few minutes south of Port Canaveral in either Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach on A1A (Astronaut Blvd). You are not charged a fee when you drop off cruise passengers at the port. You are only charged if you park in the lot. In August 2012 I dropped the luggage off at the pier and returned the vehicle to the Budget location in Cape Canaveral. It was a short wait for the shuttle bus to fill up and return us back to Port Canaveral. Some other posters have stated that after they returned the rental vehicle they called a taxi for the return because they didn't want to wait for the shuttle to fill up. The whole process in August took less than one hour.

Thanks Corby. That's what I think I will do.

Archived