EZ Check

Sayra

Do you know if you can use EZ Check on Virgin America on Fort Lauderdale?

The EZ-Check paperwork from our cruise on Ruby out of FLL last March does not list Virgin America - only the following:

Air Tran

American

Continental

Delta

Jet Blue

United (Miami Only)

US Airways

SouthWest

Paperwork needed to be turned in by Wednesday for a Sunday arrival back at FLL

The EZ-Check paperwork from our cruise on Ruby out of FLL last March does not list Virgin America - only the following:

Air Tran

American

Continental

Delta

Jet Blue

United (Miami Only)

US Airways

SouthWest

Paperwork needed to be turned in by Wednesday for a Sunday arrival back at FLL

Thanks so much.

EZ check is pretty cool-Only used it once in San JUan but definatly worth it-you pay somewhere around $20 a piece. You get preferential disembarkation(we were one of the first off) the cruise line gets your boarding pass and give it to you before you leave the ship - Once you take your luggage through customs (just past the customs counter) they will take your luggage right to the airport and airline and you wont see it again until you get home- saves you lugging it around the airport- you just take your boarding pass and carry on straight to the gate. very simple

What is EZ Check? First time cruiser.......
At some US ports, not all, if you are flying within the US (your final destination is in the US) and your flight is after a certain time, Princess offers EZ Check for $20/pp plus any airline baggage fees. They will confirm your flight, check you in, print your boarding pass and deliver airline luggage tags to your cabin. You put these tags on your luggage the night before disembarkation and you won't see them again until you arrive at your final destination.

This isn't available for all airlines nor all US ports. In FLL, your flight must leave after 11:30am, for MIA, after 2:30pm.

The application will be delivered to your cabin early on your cruise. Fill it out and attach a copy of your e-ticket (bring a copy with you or ask for a copy at the Passenger Services Desk) and hand it in as soon as possible. You cannot pre-order this before sailing.

When packing your bag, make sure you keep out anything to put in your carry-on that you might need the last night or until you get to your destination.

EZ check is pretty cool-Only used it once in San JUan but definatly worth it-you pay somewhere around $20 a piece. You get preferential disembarkation(we were one of the first off) the cruise line gets your boarding pass and give it to you before you leave the ship - Once you take your luggage through customs (just past the customs counter) they will take your luggage right to the airport and airline and you wont see it again until you get home- saves you lugging it around the airport- you just take your boarding pass and carry on straight to the gate. very simple

We've used it twice, and it's a great service. As i recall, our USAir flight# bag tags were in the cabin the night before we docked, and once we put the bags out that night we didn't see them again until we landed at our home airport - we didn't have to deal with them at customs. I don't think that there was any preferred disembarking group included, you may have just happened to get in an early group. can anybody confirm this?

thanx, Mike in CT

We've used it twice, and it's a great service. As i recall, our USAir flight# bag tags were in the cabin the night before we docked, and once we put the bags out that night we didn't see them again until we landed at our home airport - we didn't have to deal with them at customs. I don't think that there was any preferred disembarking group included, you may have just happened to get in an early group. can anybody confirm this?

thanx, Mike in CT

No, it's not "preferred." At least, this is my experience: the EZ Check people were in three groups, and their times ranged from early to not so early. I think mine was about 8 or 8.15 and there was at least one later group of EZ Checkers. I'm a little vague on details, but that's the general gist of it.

No, it's not "preferred." At least, this is my experience: the EZ Check people were in three groups, and their times ranged from early to not so early. I think mine was about 8 or 8.15 and there was at least one later group of EZ Checkers. I'm a little vague on details, but that's the general gist of it.
You're right. There's nothing "preferred" about EZ Check disembarkation other than it's relatively early and you must disembark at that time. This is the schedule in FLL off the Island Princess three weeks ago: Disembarkation%2520FLL.jpg

Archived