What's the last day for a last minute deal

joyus

We're fortunate to live about 20 - 25 minutes from either Port Everglades or Port of Miami. We're sailing out this Sunday on the Allure and have a couple who plans to join us, but is waiting for a last minute deal. When cabins are still available, does anyone know when is the absolute last day a cruise can be booked?

From what I've read here it can vary from 3 days before sailing...to day of sailing...you would have to call RCL to book Day of sailing from what I understand...but depending on how the ship is selling waiting until last minute does not Gty a DEAL...sometimes it can be the exact opposite...

If there is availability you can book on the website up until 24 hours before sailing (usually). Anything inside of that window you would have to call.

But honestly, I don't see prices changing that much between now and Sunday. :confused:

I booked a cruise last Thursday (November 1) for last Friday (November 2). I was told by the RCI rep that 3 p.m. the day before sailing is the cutoff date/time for booking because a manifest is turned in at that time. I made it with four hours to spare.

Please call RCI! I know the people above said 24 hours, but somehow I remember that they have to turn in the passenger list 72 hours prior to sailing for homeland security. So I don't think you can wait that long. I don't know if they have changed this, so please contact RCI

Please call RCI! I know the people above said 24 hours, but somehow I remember that they have to turn in the passenger list 72 hours prior to sailing for homeland security. So I don't think you can wait that long. I don't know if they have changed this, so please contact RCI

As the poster above you stated,it can be withing 72 hours.....I booked a last minute one on a Thursday for a Friday cruise as well..

As the poster above you stated,it can be withing 72 hours.....I booked a last minute one on a Thursday for a Friday cruise as well..

That's less than 72 hrs. Was there much difference in pricing?

Last cruise a couple had booked the day before and they paid dearly to be on the ship, a favorite neice was getting married at one of the ports and they had just been granted vacation at their work. So, please, check with Royal. It might be less to book now.

It did drop some,but Im talking about the MN here..........was $109PP....

Excuse my ignorance but what does MN mean? The interior is now down to $849 PP. I also called RCI and there are only 10 cabins left. I think now is the time to commit.

Excuse my ignorance but what does MN mean? The interior is now down to $849 PP. I also called RCI and there are only 10 cabins left. I think now is the time to commit.

MN is the abbreviation for Monarch, which does 3 and 4 day cruises to the Bahamas, so is usually a less expensive cruise.

We're fortunate to live about 20 - 25 minutes from either Port Everglades or Port of Miami. We're sailing out this Sunday on the Allure and have a couple who plans to join us, but is waiting for a last minute deal. When cabins are still available, does anyone know when is the absolute last day a cruise can be booked?

24 hours prior OR as long as the cruise is still available on their website. But the cruise could just as easily go up in price as the sailing date nears as is it might go down in price. Our upcoming cruise has doubled in price since we booked.

Interesting turn of events. The last minute deal couple are no longer going, but our others DF had an interior cabin with a family of 4 in it. Today's price drop allowed them to change from 4 in one room instead to purchasing another room , therefore they now have 2 rooms with 2 people per room for the exact same price.

So at least they are happy.

Interesting turn of events. The last minute deal couple are no longer going, but our others DF had an interior cabin with a family of 4 in it. Today's price drop allowed them to change from 4 in one room instead to purchasing another room , therefore they now have 2 rooms with 2 people per room for the exact same price.

So at least they are happy.

An excellent outcome!

We are going on the Allure this Sunday and I have been monitoring both the prices and the capacity of the ship. Last week there were exactly 8 cabins left - from insides all the way to a presidential family suite. Today there are also 8 cabins left with a 3 categories of guarantees available. Prices have not really budged. An inside guarantee is currently $849. I paid $829 booking back in January (with a lot of TA OBC) for my inside.

Considering the size of the ship - I would say they are sailing at capacity!

Yes, the RCI rep felt that it would sell out. I'm wondering how is it that inventory seems to change on a daily basis this close to sail date (ie one day there are no balcony cabins or interiors available then suddenly the next day there may be 2 or 3 of a particular category available). I'm wondering if they hold back a few cabins for some reason then release for sale at a certain point.

Yes, the RCI rep felt that it would sell out. I'm wondering how is it that inventory seems to change on a daily basis this close to sail date (ie one day there are no balcony cabins or interiors available then suddenly the next day there may be 2 or 3 of a particular category available). I'm wondering if they hold back a few cabins for some reason then release for sale at a certain point.

Joyus - It could be due to last minute cancelations when someone has to cancel a cruise last minute. I find last minute is usually more expensive.

Joyus - It could be due to last minute cancelations when someone has to cancel a cruise last minute. I find last minute is usually more expensive.

I considered that also, especially besides not just the unexpected issues of life that may come up to change plans, but also considering how some cruise plans may have been interrupted by the devastating weather events on the east coast. Life can be fragile, and should be handled with prayer.

I called yesterday to book a last minute deal (actually 5 days out but that is last minute for me!:p).

While I was on the phone with the CVP I asked her the cutoff to reserve a cruise (because I just saw this thread) and she indicated, as previoulsy posted by someone else, that it is 3PM the day before the cruise sails, obviously as long as they have staterooms available (her words).

So now you have...the rest of the story.:D

That is unless another CVP tells someone else something different:eek:. I hear that has happened before.:p

I called yesterday to book a last minute deal (actually 5 days out but that is last minute for me!:p).

While I was on the phone with the CVP I asked her the cutoff to reserve a cruise (because I just saw this thread) and she indicated, as previoulsy posted by someone else, that it is 3PM the day before the cruise sails, obviously as long as they have staterooms available (her words).

So now you have...the rest of the story.:D

That is unless another CVP tells someone else something different:eek:. I hear that has happened before.:p

Great, thanks! It's become a bit of a game to see what the pricing is and what's available. Still hoping our friends can get an upgrade to a outside cabin or balcony for the price they've paid for the inside since this is their first 7 day cruise and their DDs first cruise ever. Just hoping :-)

I considered that also, especially besides not just the unexpected issues of life that may come up to change plans, but also considering how some cruise plans may have been interrupted by the devastating weather events on the east coast. Life can be fragile, and should be handled with prayer.

I certainly agree Joyus. When that F3 Tornado hit us last year we - for the first time ever - changed/cancelled a cruise. Then we rebooked at a slightly higher price just to escape the stress of dealing with adjusters and contracters who promised to get it all done when we were away!

The line was - do you want it done at Christmas OR would you prefer to have the work done while you are away....??? WeLL we are STILL not finished - but a check arrived this past week and we hope to be finished the actual work by next Monday.

Believe me - our hearts go out to the Northeastern folks who are starting to rebuild and cleanup after that terrible storm!! We have lived the stress of disaster cleanup.

Archived