2 Night Cruise

Jane2357

I would have thought this wouldn't be worth packing for but since I live in Florida and can drive to Miami in 3 hrs - I'm wondering if this might just be fun. 2 nights on Constellation going to Nassau and back - Jan. 19, 2013. What a hoot to be able to just pack 4 outfits and GO. Would you ever consider it? A balcony is as low as $518.00 and a suite $998.00 A nice little weekend get away. Hmmmm

We took a 2 night repositioning cruise a couple of years ago on Holland America from Dover to Copenhagen and loved it.

It was a great weekend break and we are always looking for similar short cruises. Unfortunately there are not many of these in Europe.

I would jump at the opportunity especially as it is on Constellation.

We recently did a two night cruise to nowhere on NCL out of NYC. I had my doubts about whether it would be worthwhile, or just a total "booze cruise." It was a great little getaway! As long as it does not involve the hassle of a flight, I would vote GO!

I wish we had short cruises like that here on the west coast. Our shortest one is 7 days. It's a shame the cruise line doesn't take air miles into account for Captain's Club

Check Princess They have 1, 2, 3 day cruises along the coast.

Jim:):)

Total cost is $825.38 for the two of us - a 2A Veranda including gratuities (pre-paid due to select dining), taxes/fees and insurance. By the time you add in gas, parking, dog sitter and drinks - I'm guessing about $1,500.00 I'm going to use this as a chance to pack LIGHT! Love having something to look forward too!!!

P.S. I booked through Captains Club number - the nice lady did not have a CLUE about anything and had to keep putting me on hold to "check". Who are these people?

Total cost is $825.38 for the two of us - a 2A Veranda including gratuities (pre-paid due to select dining), taxes/fees and insurance. By the time you add in gas, parking, dog sitter and drinks - I'm guessing about $1,500.00 I'm going to use this as a chance to pack LIGHT! Love having something to look forward too!!!

P.S. I booked through Captains Club number - the nice lady did not have a CLUE about anything and had to keep putting me on hold to "check". Who are these people?

A two night cruise is running you $1,500 when you factor in all the extras? I don't see that as a bargain, but maybe it's just me.

I would have thought this wouldn't be worth packing for but since I live in Florida and can drive to Miami in 3 hrs - I'm wondering if this might just be fun. 2 nights on Constellation going to Nassau and back - Jan. 19, 2013. What a hoot to be able to just pack 4 outfits and GO. Would you ever consider it? A balcony is as low as $518.00 and a suite $998.00 A nice little weekend get away. Hmmmm

Is that 518 for a couple? Also, is this the smaller balcony or the CC version?

If it is per couple; and, if it is CC, then it appears to be a good deal. Otherwise, it is only just a fair deal.

A two night cruise is running you $1,500 when you factor in all the extras? I don't see that as a bargain, but maybe it's just me.

I agree. $400.00, plus per night for a little balcony does not appear to be a good deal. Also, I live in S. Ft. Myers, and the journey to Port Everglades for us is usually 2 hours. Miami is about 15 minutes more.

Is that 518 for a couple? Also, is this the smaller balcony or the CC version?

If it is per couple; and, if it is CC, then it appears to be a good deal. Otherwise, it is only just a fair deal.

That is for a couple - see my later post for what I estimate the entire cost will be with gas, parking, dog sitter. A 2A cabin, standard balcony. 3 days and 2 nights of fun! Might not be worth it to some but I'm all about trying new things. This will be the 1st ever cruise where I DO NOT UNPACK my bags. It is an adventure!

Nope, not just you. I could never justify it & wouldn't enjoy

I would love to be able to take a two night cruise just because I could! I live in the middle of Australia, and I love it but I have to take a 3 hour flight just to get to water! I checked out the cruise you mentioned and it is $598 for two people for two nights in a veranda, and I would be booking asap!

Oh - I never said it was a bargain - ;) but for $825.38 as the total cruise price (including insur., tax & gratuities) for two people with a balcony - I myself don't consider that bad. Yes I factor in my estimation of the extras; gas, dog sitter, etc. because it is added cost but for a fun weekend it would cost this much to go spend the weekend in a nice Miami hotel with meals.

What I was really wondering (and I won't know the answer myself till after the fact) is would you consider it worth it - the effort to get ready and be there for a 2 nighter. I'm hoping to make it a romantic little get away and as I was just in Nassau in October, I doubt I'll even get off the ship unless it is to visit a little restaurant that has this amazing flaming cheese. :D

We are doing a 2 night cruise to nowhere on RCI next May out of Southampton. Cost for a grand suite is $308 per person, so not bad, especially as you get the concierge lounge included.

The children are even having their own suite next door!

You go for it - We did a 2 night cruise on Constellation in September (Amsterdam to Southampton) Had a great time. In the end it didn't work out that cheap but that's not always the point. Very little packing and a break away - great

However consider we didn't get all the normal Celebrity features. Check formal night (if thats of interest to you) as you may not have one

Oh - I never said it was a bargain - ;) but for $825.38 as the total cruise price (including insur., tax & gratuities) for two people with a balcony - I myself don't consider that bad. Yes I factor in my estimation of the extras; gas, dog sitter, etc. because it is added cost but for a fun weekend it would cost this much to go spend the weekend in a nice Miami hotel with meals.

What I was really wondering (and I won't know the answer myself till after the fact) is would you consider it worth it - the effort to get ready and be there for a 2 nighter. I'm hoping to make it a romantic little get away and as I was just in Nassau in October, I doubt I'll even get off the ship unless it is to visit a little restaurant that has this amazing flaming cheese. :D

Enjoy!!

I did ask the Vacation Planner about a formal night, she had to call and check with someone but came back and said no formal night. I'm a person who does enjoy formal nights but not on a 2 night cruise - so I was happy to hear that there was none. I'm going to really try to take one small bag and take it on myself. I am an OVER packer so this is going to be a challenge.

I did a couple 3-night weekenders on Royal Caribbean, but they put me off short cruises. With air from Houston to Florida, parking, cabin fare, etc. they weren't cheap cruises. Service was just okay, but passengers were definitely not the norm. Both cruises were a mix of a frat party with kids gone wild. I guess on a weekend cruise, people want to get all their partying out of their system in a couple days rather than rationing over a week so they get drunk and obnoxious. They also seemed think that their kids should be "free range" so we had problems with elevators, kids roaming the halls, and knocking on our door at 4 AM.

Hopefully Celebrity will have a different group. If a cruiseline offered a weekend cruise from Galveston so I wouldn't have airfare, I might try another short cruise. For now I stick to at least 7 nights.

I'm a person who does enjoy formal nights but not on a 2 night cruise.

Just wanted to let you know. We did the whole trip (2 nights) with little more then a carry on bag each. It was great

Even the weather (English Channel not known for this in September) was kind to us.

Have a great trip

For a 2 night cruise - I am not expecting the usual Celebrity cruiser. The wonderful thing - if it is too rowdy for my taste - then I only have to put up with it for 2 nights or maybe I'll be forced to join right in :eek:! I'm either going to love this or hate it - lol. Been on this ship many years ago but by the time I figure out where everything is - it will be time to get off.

Jane,

We're doing it for a number of reasons:

- it's Celebrity

- it's a quick weekend

- we also live in Florida

- NO work days off, since the Monday you return is MLK day (and we get that off)

- it made for a perfect Christmas gift to each other

- it's Celebrity (oh, I already said that)

I highly doubt that it will be "too rowdy," as you said in your previous post. We've done the weekender to Nassau on RC (4x), Carnival (1x) and NCL (1x), and this one should be the least rowdy of all of them.

What's not to like? For Floridians like us who can drive to the port, it's a no-brainer.

Jane,

We're doing it for a number of reasons:

- it's Celebrity

- it's a quick weekend

- we also live in Florida

- NO work days off, since the Monday you return is MLK day (and we get that off)

- it made for a perfect Christmas gift to each other

- it's Celebrity (oh, I already said that)

I highly doubt that it will be "too rowdy," as you said in your previous post. We've done the weekender to Nassau on RC (4x), Carnival (1x) and NCL (1x), and this one should be the least rowdy of all of them.

What's not to like? For Floridians like us who can drive to the port, it's a no-brainer.

Glad to hear from you! I haven't looked to see if there is a roll call for this or not - but perhaps we'll see you on board. I'm expecting the most people will be from FL. Question - when did this cruise itinerary show up? It is the only 2 night that they do (as told to me by the Vacation Planner) and I'll be watching for it next year if this one is awesome. Might be a fun time to try out a Celebrity Suite - non available this time.

Archived