“Live” from the Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom: Nov 8-17,2012: B2B

MrFunInTheSun

enjoyed your review very much. have always said if the ship stopped in Jamaca I would stay on ship but after seeing your pictures of the plantation excursion may just have to change my mind. thank you for taking the time to do this review.:)

Jamaica is way to beautiful to stay on the ship. I never once felt unsafe in Ocho's Rio's. The Plantation excursion was most diffidently worth it!

Very cool! I'd say you're getting pretty good at these "LIVE" reviews ;) :)

Thanks Bugsy. As you know with your "Live" cruise reports they are fun to do. Looking forward to my next cruise and "Live" report.

Looked for I Made on the lido deck. In the mean time one day I believe it was for lunch I was in the Posh dining room and the head waiter was named I Made. I said, hey do you serve drinks also on the lido deck? I heard about you. He's like no, that's my brother. I said your brother? Your brother has the same first name? He said yes, we just have different last names. Must be how they do their names in his country.

At first I didn't believe him and that he was messing with me, but then as we spoke more, he was being serious. Anyways I never did find "I Made" on the lido deck. :rolleyes:

lol well at least you tried, and that's funny about his brother. Too bad also that you didn't get that serbian waiter for sweetcurves. She really would have appreciated that.:-)

Hey funinthesun1964, I was on this cruise as well and may have sat behind you in the steakhouse! Were you wearing a black shirt with flowers or some graphics on the back? I figured I would see you again during the cruise and would speak but didn't see that person again.

Hey funinthesun1964, I was on this cruise as well and may have sat behind you in the steakhouse! Were you wearing a black shirt with flowers or some graphics on the back? I figured I would see you again during the cruise and would speak but didn't see that person again.

No it wasn't me. I didn't go to the steakhouse on my Freedom cruise.

No it wasn't me. I didn't go to the steakhouse on my Freedom cruise.

I didn't eat in the steak house during this cruise either since I did Chefs table. I wanted to, but I was having such good meals and such in the dining room, I felt it'd be a waste. The steak house is really good though, I plan on it on another cruise that has a steak house since it's doubtful I'd do the Chefs table again.

Sweet curves, funinthesun, yellowbird and everyone else, please be sure to join my next "Live" on Dec 3 on the Ecstasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I certainly will, Mr. FunInTheSun. I'm jealous, wish I was cruising again that soon. I have to wait until February 23 :-( Am anxious to check out the Liberty and try a Guy's burger!! and try a drink at the Alchemy Bar :D

Thanks so much for letting me know of this incredible thread. My wife and I had such a great time on the Freedom with you and now I can look back on this thread to bring back all the great times. Marty in the Piano bar was a highlight of the trip. "Look There They Are!" and Alice will stand out for a long time. :)

Thanks so much for letting me know of this incredible thread. My wife and I had such a great time on the Freedom with you and now I can look back on this thread to bring back all the great times. Marty in the Piano bar was a highlight of the trip. "Look There They Are!" and Alice will stand out for a long time. :)

Thanks AltaEMT!!

It was so awesome to have met you two and Linda and been able to experience the perfect holiday! Marty certainly was a highlight that's for sure.

Dinner hasn't been quite the same without my table mates.

I still want to know who Alice is. :-)

MrFunInTheSun great post

Question regarding Grand Cayman, how were the seas? was it calm or a few waves/current, we are going snorkeling in a week and i just want to be prepared and if needed change the excursion, any insight is appreciated

Thanks

They were fairly calm, sea wise when we were there. All subject to change from week to week though.

The boat ride we took from the shore to Rum Point wasn't to bad, no one complained about the boat rocking to much or anything else like that. To me it was just normal.

These were the seas we had on that boat ride. Not bad.

Have a great cruise and fun time in Cayman!

B2695CE5-ACEA-4718-8B16-32CF7381CC94-745-000089C476B58312_zps0ab1a828.jpg

FCADF7D4-5E9E-414B-A075-BF69BDF92C1C-745-000089C471846711_zps1c2c322a.jpg

1E2CEC82-3BC2-4DD9-BE69-7ACE04EA8D5A-745-000089C461B81EB8_zps39671e6e.jpg

E99B66C6-2F2B-4D17-B919-6377122DC671-745-000089C45C8981BC_zps657af185.jpg

95F1E55E-4DEC-49DA-AD38-BD0C697FD355-745-000089C452686A23_zps3b4d8985.jpg

A9065341-4E1C-48DB-BAAD-34B66C48A8A3-745-000089C4DC71FC9B_zps6c273333.jpg

MrFunInTheSun great post

Question regarding Grand Cayman, how were the seas? was it calm or a few waves/current, we are going snorkeling in a week and i just want to be prepared and if needed change the excursion, any insight is appreciated

Thanks

Grand Cayman has great snorkeling and I was snorkeling at a couple of spots on Seven mile Beach and noticed no currents and the water clarity was excellent.

Hello everyone…

Thank you all for joining me on my previous “Live” cruise reports when I was aboard the lovely Monarch of the seas, Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom. It is that time again where I am fortunate to be going aboard a ship again for some new cruise adventures.

Please join me on my next “Live” cruise report and adventures! I'll be boarding the Carnival Ecstasy: December 3-8, 2012 . New adventures to begin Monday morning!

Please view the link below to follow along this exciting “Live” cruise adventure.

“Live” from the Carnival Ecstasy: Dec 3-8,2012

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1746672

Our itinerary during the next 5 days and 5 nights:

esctasyitinarary.jpg

Thanks for joining me on my great cruise adventure, till a later time...

Silly question but on the plantation tour did they have bathrooms on the grounds? Kids ...always have to know where the potties are. Love your review can't wait 6 days till we are all aboard the Freedom.

Pretty sure I remember seeing little bath places in a couple spots along the trolley ride itself but don't quote me on that. I do know for sure though there is one at the plantation house itself. So at the halfway point of the trolly ride they can do their business. Several people on our trolly did just that.

This tour I highly recommend though, minus the ultimate beach portion.

Happy cruising!

Archived