How do I get a reservation number?

CarnivalGirl3

Cruise is booked and paid (have invoice). I, of course, haven't heard anything from the TA since booking. I've contacted them three times.

I need a reservation number to sign in on the Disney site. How do I get this?

Thanks!

Once you're booked, that information should be given to you by your TA. I'd be a little upset if my TA wasn't responding to my calls/requests. Is there a supervisior/manager at the agency you can contact?

:)

Have you called Disney Cruises yourself to ask?

I had to call for something my TA really wouldn't have been able to do (before I realized I had a reservation number with the TA and a different one with Disney) and they were able to look me up.

Shmoo-I did that tonight, that was the third contact. Last night, my invoice was re-emailed to me. I've searched it and did a find, there's not reservation number in the email.

codex57- Calling Disney, is my next step. I thought though, that was part of the ta's job. (I did ask in the my first email if I needed to contact Disney directly, no reply!) I didn't know I needed that information for Disney to look me up!

It should be the TA's job, but if they're not doing their job and it's not too hard to do yourself, just save yourself the stress and get the info you need directly from Disney.

It's a vacation. Worry about posting bad reviews about the TA or whatever after the cruise. Or at least when everything about your reservations is set up properly.

It is weird that your confirmation does not have the reservation number. When I booked my Disney cruise through my TA (and I did get good OBC like you), he sends me the confirmation from Disney with the reservation number. Unless your TA didn't book your cruise yet? :confused:

I guess you should look for a different TA for your next cruise because this one is not responding to your requests in a timely manner.

Still no reply from TA, but I did call Disney.

Nice folks there. Anyway, I was starting to worry it wasn't really booked, even though it's been charged (but that wouldn't be right?). Anyway, it's booked, it's correct and the nice lady at Disney gave me the information.

I don't think I really need the TA at this point, I do need early dinning, she waited listed me, called Disney (this was BEFORE I booked).

I believe once we get on the ship, I'll have to change early dinning.

ummm? I still never got it from the TA, but my booking info was sent to me three times. There's no reservation number in those emails. I tripled checked AND did a find...No one ever contacted me.

I'm more than a little upset. But I guess that's the cost of the obc-no service!

ummm? I still never got it from the TA, but my booking info was sent to me three times. There's no reservation number in those emails. I tripled checked AND did a find...No one ever contacted me.

I'm more than a little upset. But I guess that's the cost of the obc-no service!

I'm glad DCL was able to help you.

As for your TA, I'd probably be writting a letter to the boss. Unless your TA is the boss...... well, I'd probably write anyway, and tell them how disappointing their service is.

A good TA is worth it. A bad one makes it difficult for everyone. We've only used a TA on one cruise thus far. I wasn't very impressed with the person we worked with (nice person, but a bit la-la in the head). However, we'd use them again, but a different agent at the office. We had a real nice OBC on that cruise and lots of pre and post cruise phone calls to find out how things were going/went.

:)

What gets me in these cases is why the TA doesn't try to help and then hang onto folks that don't book directly with the cruise line or airline etc. and who will come back and book through their TA in the future.

I say this as I am very much an independent traveler and don't like to use a TA as I like to keep control of things myself. I did book our first couple of cruises through a TA but there were basic things messed up, so next time I went straight to the source and booked directly - for the same price.

Glad you got it sorted anyway, although you shouldn't have had to chase it all down like that.

Archived