Thoughts on Infinity

Salmac

We are taking a South American cruise on the Infinity this winter. Interested in your thoughts about this ship....restaurants, cabins, bars...etc. Thanks.

We took the December 2011 Repo cruise through the Panama Canal from FLL to Valparaiso, Chile.

It was the first cruise after the refit. Most of the ship was like new. The staff was great. The food excellent and entertainment good.

We had early dinner seating and loved our table mates.

South America was wonderful. We really liked Lima, Peru and Chile. Also, going through the canal was a great experience.

We have booked three more Infinity cruises in the next 14 months.

First, we are taking a TransAtlantic from FLL to the UK, then back to back British Isles cruise. (this is in May)

Then we are taking a cruise around the Horn from Buenos Aries to Valparaiso in January 2014.

If you are traveling during school session.

Twice on the Infinity we were able to grab the corner FV (family Veranda) for just the 2 of us. They are fantastic on that ship. Actually 2 rooms with a giant balcony.

The price is right because they have regular bathrooms so the cannot be rated in the suite catagory but are actually bigger than some suites.

If no families take these rooms, they will open them to anyone. An FV 'guarantee' catagory is a chance. You could get bumped by a family. If you get an actual cabin assignment, it is yours.

The first time we got one, we had a regular balcony booked. Every day, I just went on the internet site i used & tried a pretend booking. If you enter 2 passengers & that catagory comes up....grab it. I just called my internet TA & had them change rooms for me. It did cost a little bit more but not much. Way under what a suite would cost.

The 2nd time, we had no booking. I was just searching for a deal & that catagory came up. We actually took that cruise because of that cabin ! That was about 3 months before the cruise. The first time was about 30 days prior.

I did the South American cruise on the Infinity in January. I enjoyed it so much I booked many more Celebrity cruises this year.

The ship was very nice. I stayed on the 11th floor AQ.

There was a port in Chile that had huge big biting black flys. I don't remember which one. Ask the excursion desk, because they don't inform you of this. You want to avoid wearing black because the flys are attracted to it.

We are taking a South American cruise on the Infinity this winter. Interested in your thoughts about this ship....restaurants, cabins, bars...etc. Thanks.

The FLL to Valparaiso Panama Canal/Repositioning segment on December 7 is available for as little as $632pp! :eek: with OBC to boot! :D

We just returned from a 16 day Panama Canal cruise, staying aft on deck 6. The interior is in wonderful condition, but I was surprised how the exterior has developed so much rust, and the canvas above us was ripped, allowing rain to flow in.

The food and staff were wonderful. The only complaint about the food in the cafeteria is that it varied very little for the entire trip.

As we departed in Ft. Lauderdale, there were two semi trucks loaded with carpet, so I know that the interior, that looks beautiful to me, will be kept in excellent condition.

I would travel on the Infinity again, without a doubt!;)

Rick

Hi, Salmac;

DW and I did this cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aries last February, our first time on X. I can't say enough good things about it. We found the MDR was so good we never felt the need to go to any of the other restaurants. The lecturers were fascinating, the trivia contests were lots of fun, the nightlife was incredible.

Enjoy.

In the meantime we're sailing on the Eclipse on November 17 - six more sleeps, but who's counting? Me!

Archived