*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

2.5 hours late and counting...

Ships rarely leave this late unless there is heavy fog, which is not the case right now.

-----

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I saw Emerald Princess coming down from Houston on the Emerald Cam several minutes ago.

Edited by Texas Teen

Emerald Princess headed to the Gulf of Mexico from Houston:

Gal_14_28.png

A screenshot of Navigator mid-turn last Sunday evening:

Gal_14_24.png

Navigator approaching Harbor House Hotel:

Gal_14_25.png

The above pictures should link to other screenshots.

------------------

I won't be around to watch the ships depart tomorrow afternoon unless they are late.

I'm holding off on requesting a username change until next week or the week after.

Edited by Texas Teen

Thanks, Merry Christmas to you and Lee as well.

Looks like I barely missed Navigator depart today (as I expected unless Nav was late).

-------------

Forgot to specify in my previous post that the Emerald Princess screenshot was from last Sunday as well.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but you all seem very knowledgeable about Galveston, so I hope you can help.

Where is a good place for someone to watch the Navigator sail away? My cousin is cruising with me over New Years and her kids would like to watch the boat head out.

Thank you in advance for any help.

WOW, it has been quite a while since I visited this wonderful little group of people. I hope everyone is well and having a great time.

We went out of Houston at Thanksgiving on the Norwegian Jewel and had a wonderful cruise. We have been cruising more and more with NCL and really like what they have to offer. My last cruise on RCL last year was not stellar and it is a shame after all the years on RCL to find them moving away from us.

The Houston port sure is easy to use after the mess at Galveston. While Galveston is better than it was, it is still a horrid port to try to use from the standpoint of loading and unloading.

A very merry Christmas to everyone here.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but you all seem very knowledgeable about Galveston, so I hope you can help.

Where is a good place for someone to watch the Navigator sail away? My cousin is cruising with me over New Years and her kids would like to watch the boat head out.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Pier 21 on Harborside Drive is the best place to watch the sailaway. There are a number of restaurants there or you can just stand on the pier between them and watch from there. You will have to pay for parking unless you park somewhere else and walk over there. :) NV usually sails at 4.30 pm and the Carnival ship around the same time.

For those of you sailing out of Galveston, if you post on the webcam chat board what you will be wearing and where you will be, the cam operators can try to zoom in on you. You can tell your family / friends to watch the cam and see you.

Pier 21 on Harborside Drive is the best place to watch the sailaway. There are a number of restaurants there or you can just stand on the pier between them and watch from there. You will have to pay for parking unless you park somewhere else and walk over there. :) NV usually sails at 4.30 pm and the Carnival ship around the same time.

Hi Kate

Partake in food at restaurants and they stamp parking ticket for two hour

free parking. Wish y'all were sailing with us!

Edited by ssb

Hi Kate

Partake in food at restaurants and they stamp parking ticket for two hour

free parking. Wish y'all were sailing with us!

Hi Lee,

Wish we were for sure. Just returned from Legend QB to FLL. So many sick people on board. You were lucky to cancel it.

Hope Dickens is going well. Will have to come down soon and see you.

Hi Lee,

Wish we were for sure. Just returned from Legend QB to FLL. So many sick people on board. You were lucky to cancel it.

Hope Dickens is going well. Will have to come down soon and see you.

:)Ouch yes we were lucky! Hope y'all are well though?

Please come on down! :)