*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

They find out that I am coming to town for a cruise in November on Liberty of the Seas and they start fixing the place up for me. I like that. :D:D:D

It looks like Princess is leaving Houston Bayport so a 3rd cruise terminal in Galveston might be a good thing.

Well.... That's great! But they still didn't say when they'd get the reno started... They have to be done by Nov..... So guessing they will finally get it started soon. I'd think the MAIN issue would be dredging of the channel... So Liberty can get in & out.... The terminal can & probably will still be a mess for a while. We sail in Sept..... Will let ya know then, how it goes... Not holding my breath that it will be smooth sailing (pun intended) by then... LOL

Edited by SRV FAN

Just off the Navigator and talked with Luksa, Staff Captain, concerning the Liberty coming into Galveston. His answer, it is coming and if the new terminal isn't finished it will be a little crowded, but no doubt in his mind it will be finished in the future...lol. Concerning dredging the channel, they don't need to dredge to bring in the Liberty - all they need to do is turn her outside the channel and back her in, which believe it or not they prefer!

Hi Cindy,

Update on Grande Suite Balcony furniture!! On the NOS 5/10 & 5/17 in a GS, the 2nd week all GS and above received new lounge chairs!! Really nice lounges that match the new wicker chairs and table. The cushion is about 4-5" thick made of memory foam. DH napped on it every day and I fell asleep on it every night after sipping ny Bailey's. FINALLY!

Carla

Just off the Navigator and talked with Luksa, Staff Captain, concerning the Liberty coming into Galveston. His answer, it is coming and if the new terminal isn't finished it will be a little crowded, but no doubt in his mind it will be finished in the future...lol. Concerning dredging the channel, they don't need to dredge to bring in the Liberty - all they need to do is turn her outside the channel and back her in, which believe it or not they prefer!

Yep... Pretty much what I was thinking in my earlier post.... She's coming whether or not the terminal is complete. Concerning the dredging.... That was part if the original plan so I read many moons ago... Maybe they have rethought that....

Thanks for your insight... I will be prepared for a typical crowded (maybe more so) terminal in Sept... Uggg.

Hi Cindy,

Update on Grande Suite Balcony furniture!! On the NOS 5/10 & 5/17 in a GS, the 2nd week all GS and above received new lounge chairs!! Really nice lounges that match the new wicker chairs and table. The cushion is about 4-5" thick made of memory foam. DH napped on it every day and I fell asleep on it every night after sipping ny Bailey's. FINALLY!

Carla

You're the second report I've had that they finally got their chair act together!:rolleyes: I guess that means the Navigator's GS passenger drinking problem is under control! ;):p;)

We rebooked the Liberty for 2016 -- we're going the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Prices were really good, and I splurged on an OS, gambling that the difference in price from a GS is going to be worth it when they finally announce the new suite perks. Even if I don't like the perks, I guess there are worse things in life than spending a week in a big ol' suite!:D

On my Carnival Magic cruise in April - I woke up on turn around day and watched Navigator sail by us backwards - so it's done that way now at least on some occasions.

We rebooked the Liberty for 2016 -- we're going the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Prices were really good, and I splurged on an OS, gambling that the difference in price from a GS is going to be worth it when they finally announce the new suite perks. Even if I don't like the perks, I guess there are worse things in life than spending a week in a big ol' suite!:D

NCL doesn't stand a chance vs. an OS! :p

You're the second report I've had that they finally got their chair act together!:rolleyes: I guess that means the Navigator's GS passenger drinking problem is under control! ;):p;)

Don't tell me we are finally going to cruise together!!! We have 11/27, 12/4 & 12/11/2016 booked!!

Read that Mr Bailey wants to make the Suites more or less all inclusive. But would think the perks would be the same for GS and OS. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Don't tell me we are finally going to cruise together!!! We have 11/27, 12/4 & 12/11/2016 booked!!

Read that Mr Bailey wants to make the Suites more or less all inclusive. But would think the perks would be the same for GS and OS. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

I knew we were bound to cross paths eventually!:D

I rolled the dice a little on the OS when the price dropped. I looked at what they put in place on Celebrity, and they created tiered perks, depending on your cabin. My thought was that since Michael Bayley is in charge now we could see something similar. I'm hoping that "all inclusive" means drink package and specialty restaurants...we'll see! Regardless, I got the center hump OS and I'm locked in at a good price!:)

I knew we were bound to cross paths eventually!:D

I rolled the dice a little on the OS when the price dropped. I looked at what they put in place on Celebrity, and they created tiered perks, depending on your cabin. My thought was that since Michael Bayley is in charge now we could see something similar. I'm hoping that "all inclusive" means drink package and specialty restaurants...we'll see! Regardless, I got the center hump OS and I'm locked in at a good price!:)

Hey, a girl has to do what a girl has to do...lol. Bet you are correct, they will tier the perks. Bayley's comments were all inclusive to include specialty dining, drink packages, etc. I'm just praying they don't take the Viking Crown area and turn it into a Suite area only like they did on the Oasis and Allure.

Congrats - a good deal and a great cabin! Thought we might be below you, but we are under the Royal Suite - don't know if that is a good idea or not!!! Hopefully no kids pounding on the piano!

Hey, a girl has to do what a girl has to do...lol. Bet you are correct, they will tier the perks. Bayley's comments were all inclusive to include specialty dining, drink packages, etc. I'm just praying they don't take the Viking Crown area and turn it into a Suite area only like they did on the Oasis and Allure.

Congrats - a good deal and a great cabin! Thought we might be below you, but we are under the Royal Suite - don't know if that is a good idea or not!!! Hopefully no kids pounding on the piano!

I don't see any way they do that on the "smaller" ships, since they're taking out the nightclubs and moving them up to the VCL. I did LOVE Coastal Kitchen though, and I hope they're thinking about where they could squeeze one in someplace.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So, are folks thinking the new terminal won't be ready For Liberty? Is the present terminal not able to handle a larger ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The present terminal needs to meet a bull dozer.

Edited by Sam.Seattle

So, are folks thinking the new terminal won't be ready For Liberty? Is the present terminal not able to handle a larger ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-------------

Port of Galveston officials say goal is to have substantial completion of building in time for arrival of The Liberty of Seas in November2015.

From my interpretation of the article I read, the focus is completing the expansion of the current terminal 2 in time for Liberty. The new terminal plans are still in the design phase. That article was published in May.

You are correct two current construction projects underway

1. Terminal 2 building 13 million approximately

2. Terminal 2 berth and mooring improvements $2.2 million.

Terminal 2 to be substantially completed by Liberty arrival in November 2015,

According to Port officials .

One design contract let for 100,000 for terminal 3 ,

location ? and for which cruise line ?

See Facebook Port of Galveston home page for probable site. A recent photo put up by Port on site!

A lot of work design and construction for probable fill , berth and mooring work is going on at/for or near that location used by third ship temporally at time of oil spill. The 100000 design contract is for terminal building design.

Edited by ssb