*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Is anyone else worried about the Saturday and Sunday storms delaying the ships arriving and departing? I'm getting on the Navigator Sunday. Galveston has had what, 1 or 2 good weekends in the past three months? Oh goodness, lol. :cool:

Prayers..coming your way. You said not comments pls, but do you really expect this group to not pass on positive replies?

Take care, of yourself and your bride!

Thanks, I knew some folks would comment and that is great. We really appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers are always welcomed. I just didn't want to make anyone who doesn't know us to feel like they had to say something or that I was trying to mis use the thread. This is a really rough time for us and like a lot of folks I come here to pause for a moment. We had to cancel Apr 6th and 13th cruises because of Marilyn's situation. We are looking forward to maybe October or January for our next cruise.

Thanks, I knew some folks would comment and that is great. We really appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers are always welcomed. I just didn't want to make anyone who doesn't know us to feel like they had to say something or that I was trying to mis use the thread. This is a really rough time for us and like a lot of folks I come here to pause for a moment. We had to cancel Apr 6th and 13th cruises because of Marilyn's situation. We are looking forward to maybe October or January for our next cruise.

We don't know you, but that won't stop us from saying a prayer for you both. Sorry you're going through that, hope they figure out how to get her some pain relief and quality of life and you manage to get on another cruise soon.

Y'all have been in my prayers also. My mother had rheumatoid arthritis, so I understand :( Prayers for strength, healing, and an October 5th cruise!

Pete I was trying to abide by your wishes, but please tell Marilyn I am praying for her and for you. And on a positive outlook - we are looking forward to cruising with you guys on 11/30.

Carla

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

I have a couple questions for all you Galveston junkies :D

I will be in Galveston next weekend, and would like to watch the Navigator sail away. Is there a good spot to do this? I'll have a car. I can drive anywhere.

Also, any suggestions of a good place for dinner? I was thinking of Saltgrass, but we have those here in San Antonio. Anything strictly local, with good steak?

I have a couple questions for all you Galveston junkies :D

I will be in Galveston next weekend, and would like to watch the Navigator sail away. Is there a good spot to do this? I'll have a car. I can drive anywhere.

Also, any suggestions of a good place for dinner? I was thinking of Saltgrass, but we have those here in San Antonio. Anything strictly local, with good steak?

You can watch from Pier 21 or go to the far end of the Seawall where she goes through the channel to the Gulf.

The Steakhouse at the San Luis has great steaks.

Other high end places are Shearn's at Moody Gardens Hotel - fabulous sunset views, Rudy & Paco's downtown at 21st and Post Office, Number 13 on 45S between Harborside and 71st St. at the Marina.

They are expensive, but so very good. Where the locals go:)

You can watch from Pier 21 or go to the far end of the Seawall where she goes through the channel to the Gulf.

The Steakhouse at the San Luis has great steaks.

Other high end places are Shearn's at Moody Gardens Hotel - fabulous sunset views, Rudy & Paco's downtown at 21st and Post Office, Number 13 on 45S between Harborside and 71st St. at the Marina.

They are expensive, but so very good. Where the locals go:)

Thanks for all the suggestions, Saltgrass it is :D Three of the suggestions are closed on Sundays :( I guess I should have mentioned the dinner out will be on Sunday.

Number 13 will be open Sunday, but the prices are a little out of reach for this group. I'm definitely keeping this place in mind for a future trip though - maybe a pre-cruise dinner next year. Thirteen is my favorite number :)

Saturday we won't want a big meal, or to stay out late because we have a race the next day. Some friends and I are are heading over there for the Diva half marathon and 5K. I'm doing the 5K :o It also happens to be my birthday, so I get to choose where we have dinner.

Is Olympia Grill any good?

Looking at Google maps, it looks like you can drive all the way to the end of Seawall Blvd and park. That might be a good spot for ship watching

Edited by Cruzin-K

Thanks for all the suggestions, Saltgrass it is :D Three of the suggestions are closed on Sundays :( I guess I should have mentioned the dinner out will be on Sunday.

Number 13 will be open Sunday, but the prices are a little out of reach for this group. I'm definitely keeping this place in mind for a future trip though - maybe a pre-cruise dinner next year. Thirteen is my favorite number :)

Saturday we won't want a big meal, or to stay out late because we have a race the next day. Some friends and I are are heading over there for the Diva half marathon and 5K. I'm doing the 5K :o It also happens to be my birthday, so I get to choose where we have dinner.

Is Olympia Grill any good?

Looking at Google maps, it looks like you can drive all the way to the end of Seawall Blvd and park. That might be a good spot for ship watching

We always watch the ships at pier 21, park in any of the lots by the pier and eat or get a drink at any of the restaurants and they will stamp your parking ticket for 3 hours of free parking. Think all the restaurants at the pier are pretty good.

Is anyone else worried about the Saturday and Sunday storms delaying the ships arriving and departing? I'm getting on the Navigator Sunday. Galveston has had what, 1 or 2 good weekends in the past three months? Oh goodness, lol. :cool:

I'd be worried - but hey we were on one of the cruises that had no delays and my step-daughter is on Magic this week with no delays - so just think positive and remember you're already on vacation so enjoy yourself.

Absolutely not. We are going to sail on the Elissa Sunday:D

May be a little wet, so rain gear will be brought on board;)

We are to sail from 9am to 3pm.

Wish Sunday would be like today, clear, sunny and windy:)

Thundertorms won't have much effect on the ships at all. One year we were on the Voyager. It was raining so hard we couldn't see the Conquest right in front of us. We left and sailed right through it!:)

What is the Elissa? I keep seeing it mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.galvestonhistory.org/attractions/maritime-heritage/1877-tall-ship-elissa :D:)

As "Tall Ships" go she's on the small side but she's ours:)

Unlike many museum ships Elissa is kept seaworthy and is thus subject to USCG inspections.

Edited by pspercy

Wishing everyone on time departures today and tomorrow. :)

Pete I was trying to abide by your wishes, but please tell Marilyn I am praying for her and for you. And on a positive outlook - we are looking forward to cruising with you guys on 11/30.

Carla

Gary & Peggy, we appreciate all that you do.

Deedee, 10/5 may not happen but it is still on our list.

Carla, same with 11/30. It just depends.....???

Thank you all. Marilyn's pain has eased a little since last week. We are just holding on for surgery Friday.

Wishing everyone on time departures today and tomorrow. :)

Thank you all. Marilyn's pain has eased a little since last week. We are just holding on for surgery Friday.

Pete, I certainly wish I was going to have the pleasure of meeting you and Marilyn tomorrow. I'll keep you two in my prayers for a positive outcome on Friday.

Cindy, have. A great cruise next week. Take good care of her - we will get on as you get off on 13th. Was hoping we would finally meet, we've had the 13th booked for several months and wanted to add either the 6th or 20th for a b2b. Ended up adding the 20th, the deal was too good to pass up!!

Pete, will be thinking of Marilyn and praying surgery is a success on Fri. Will miss you guys on the 13th.