Why can't we get a good deal on the Conquest?

What's the deal with Carnival. We've sailed 5 times in 4 years - not a lot by some standards, but better than some - and they are giving us about $50 pp off the "regular" priced tickets... what's up with that?

We can go on Norwegian for the same price, same length cruise...

It's all about supply and demand... peak season, etc. I have found the Conquest pricing to be fairly reasonable, not as low as I would like. We are cruising next October for a good price with our group... but I'm sure peak season would be more. Just keep checking and try to be flexible with your dates. Good luck!

Like GC said.....supply & demand. New Orleans is a very popular port that sells easily just like Galveston. Easy to drive to for Texans, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama. Most ships in these ports stay sold out many months ahead.

We're booking for the Oct 30th, 2005 sailing... they said it's $749+taxes (oceanview) per person (which is the "regular" price), but we're getting a one category upgrade - one deck up... seems like we've gotten much better "past guest" prices in the past - for the same time frame sailings.

We've booked on the highest deck (not suites, but oceanviews) for 7-day cruises and gotten much, much better pricing in months/years past... is there a trend here with Carnival?

is there a trend here with Carnival?

All any cruise line cares about in the end is the bottom line this includes RCL, NCL, HAL, X, etc. If they can sellout a ship at a higher price they are all going to. The most popular ships are going to cost more just because they are always full so why discount to fill them. It's an unfortunate truth of business.

Well, you could always book with the Saints and Sinners on the Conquest 10/15/06!! $679 for an oceanview, plus $100 shipboard credit and a cocktail party :p And if you book before tomorrow, the deposit is $25pp... can't beat that! Not with a stick you can't!! :D

What's the deal with Carnival. We've sailed 5 times in 4 years - not a lot by some standards, but better than some - and they are giving us about $50 pp off the "regular" priced tickets... what's up with that?

We can go on Norwegian for the same price, same length cruise...

...and why in the blue blazes would anyone want to go on NCL vs Carnival? Nothing about NCL is better than Carnival.

Oh my! How do we get in on that? Saints and Sinners... well, I'd have to say that me and hubby lean more towards the Saints side... but we're nice people

Cruzin, you can find more info by clicking on the link in my signature. Not to worry, the great thing about CC groups is that you can meet alot of people, join in with alot of others, or do your own thing. If you just want to join to get the price, you can!!! No worries!!! If you have any questions, just let me know! The link has pricing info as well as the TA info... Good luck and hope to get the chance to meet you!!!

Oh my! How do we get in on that? Saints and Sinners... well, I'd have to say that me and hubby lean more towards the Saints side... but we're nice people

Cruizinwoman, The $25 deposit is only in effect through tomorrow the 27th of May! Book now so you're not disappointed :D

...and why in the blue blazes would anyone want to go on NCL vs Carnival? Nothing about NCL is better than Carnival.

I've not been on CCL yet but have to say NCL blows chunks.

GC - Isn't that one aft still available? ;)

We're all nice people on S&S II ;) On S&S I there were times that I don't recall seeing several of our group....the nice thing about this group cruise is if you want to hang with us cool if you don't....that's cool too no pressures just a bunch looking for a good time

Cruzin, never too early to plan! LOL! Actually, many of us are on another group this October, 10/30/05, on the Valor... newer ship, but sails out of Miami... good rates as well. If you are interested, check it out! Either way, good luck and happy cruising!!

I ended up booking the Rhapsody for the same length cruise, same intinerary...less cost. Older and smaller ship, but with no kids travelling with us, it was worth it.

If it were my hubby and I and we were taking the kids, I would book the Conquest for all the great reviews I heard about their kids club.

Curious - why does NCL "blow chunks"????

Have you been on NCL?

IMO:

I could cook a much better meal at home.

The cabins are really small.

Their so called "Private Island"

To top it all off I think the "Freestyle" concept is absolutley rediculous.

uh-oh... Saints and Sinners are sailing in 2006... we want to go in 2005... bummer!

We're scheduled for the Conquest on 9-11 of this year and would love to have you aboard. I've tried to start a Roll Call and only one other lady has responded.

We booked in February and it was $749.00 for a Cat. 6A Oceanview. Since we were all Past Guests we got an upgrade to 6B. That price was everything (taxes, port charges, etc.). The price dropped $30 about three weeks ago, but I now see an advertised price of $849 for our category. You may get a better deal if you book today. Carnival is supposed to be having a "sale".

The Conquest is a newer ship - not the newest - but still it commands a higher price due to it's size and also the fact that it goes out of NO - which others have stated. It gets a lot of the Texas cruisers as the ship is nicer than the ones going out of Galvestion - but still close enough to drive. The other Conquest Class ships seem to be a little cheaper - but for us we would lose the price difference in air fare. Florida seems to be cheaper than some of the other ports.

of course alot of it depends on when you are sailing and how early / late you book. I got a gty 4a or better for $490pp for 9/18. Currently the same booking is going for $749. There are a few other newer CCL ships sailing about the same time that are still in the low $500s pp price range.

IMO, the Conquest is a bit pricey - but it is one of the newer ships departing from a very popular home port. I'm glad that N.O. is so popular (bring us more ships, we can handle 'em!), but it does drive prices up. The Conquest is absolutely beautiful and I hope to sail her again one day. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. I loved the artwork - don't miss the pieces in the stairwells. You're gonna love the balcony!

Archived