Why can't we get a good deal on the Conquest?

quote: Why can't we get a good deal on the Conquest?

I think that you will see this question more and more in the future. For people that started cruising around 9/11, they have not seen the prices that some of us paid back in the 80' and 90's for cruises. Supply and demand have now caught up with one another. I also think that demand will eventually pass supply. New ships are not coming out no where near as fast as they once were. Prices will continue to rise as long as the market can support it. Bob Dickinson stated a few months back that the price of cruises were still about 30% away from where they should be. To me cruising is still one of the best values for the dollar in the vacation arena.

I'm sure I don't have to say how excited I am! You all understand.

Now I'm in the "I can't wait phase"...

You will love this ship....we plan to sail her again also. You will love your balcony.....mmmmm wish I was there:) I am in the "I can't wait phase" for our upcoming December cruise.....its fun

I have been reading the Carnival and NCL boards since I've joined Cruise Critic this year. One thing I have noticed is that there is definitely a loyalty factor in many people's postings. Those loyalists will side with one cruise line without question. I have only cruised Celebrity so far and loved it. I wanted to try a cruise that was a bit less spendy and the freestyle way of cruising so I have booked with NCL this fall on the Sun. I am sure I will have a great time on it as well. I plan to try Carnival sometime soon because I like their prices and the cabins are bigger. I read on these boards the same compaints: NCL loyalists love freestyle and like the food better and Carnival followers hate freestyle and like their food better. It's kind of a wash. I guess it's like the Ford vs. Chevy concept; there will be a dedicated following that will not waiver. I flipflop with my car manufacturers and most likely will with my cruise lines. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have said we will try Norwegian and Princess, although Princess is owned by the same company as Carnival. But I think what somebody else said is true, we began cruising around 9/11 and because so many were afraid to travel at all, it allowed us to cruise at really low rates.

We got a balcony aft, and it says it's extended... ? Anybody got feedback on that? And for sunbathing... how much time will it be "in" the sun?

Archived