Diamond Princess...Health Club Question & Others

Bushido

I had read on here before that you had to reserve your spots on the treadmills and such in the health club? Is this information true and is it hard to get times for working out?

Have they changed the PC Dining concept on the Diamond? I have read some reviews of recent cruises and they seem to have stopped the concept.

We have a balcony room on the Lido deck and was wondering if it might get a little noisy from time to time?

We are staying at the BW Pioneer Square Hotel in Seattle and wondered what others thought that have stayed there?

What free drinks do they offer at the Horizon Court?

Any other information you might think of that will enhance the cruise experience please let us know.

Hi Bushido,

1. PC Dining: I liked the PC dining on the Diamond because we had 4 restaurants to choose from without paying extra and then we could have paid extra to eat at Sabitini's. The choices were Sterlings (steak), Vivaldi (great Italian), Sante Fe(Mexican) and Pacific Moon(Asian). The only restaurant we didn't eat in was Pacific Moon because that's not food we enjoy. We also did not eat in Sabitini's because the menu was heavy on seafood dishes and I don't like seafood.

2. Health Club: I didn't use the health club but my husband did. I did hear that you do have to sign up for the treadmills just to keep people from using them for too long. I don't know if that's true but I do know my husband enjoyed the health club and I never heard one complaint from him the entire cruise!!! He would work out in the afternoon mostly.

I guess that's all I can help you with except to say that the Diamond was our first Princess cruise and we loved the whole experience. We did the Mex Riviera itinerary and love Princess so much we've booked the Coral Princess for our next April 2006 vacation. It's a wonderful ship, nicely laid out so you don't feel crowded and my kids loved the freshwater pools and the kid's club.

This vacation was truly a HIT!!!!!

Archived