Last minute cancellation! Help...

The4Cruisers

We are leaving shortly (w/i a week) for a family cruise and it turns out that one of our adult kids cannot go. It's for a reason not covered by trip insurance.

What should we do? Do we tell Carnival in advance or do we just show up with 3 of the 4 people on the stateroom reservation?

I think I've heard that no-shows are handled differently than cancellations.

Please help. Thanks

I'd just have the person be a no show as it's late into the cancellation period. If as a no show, I do believe the governemnt fees will be refunded. Other than that, sorry that the person gets nothing else back, even with insurance.

By the way was the insurance purchased through Carnival? If so, there might be the cancel for any reason which refunds 75% of the fare.

Good luck!

We are leaving shortly (w/i a week) for a family cruise and it turns out that one of our adult kids cannot go. It's for a reason not covered by trip insurance.

What should we do? Do we tell Carnival in advance or do we just show up with 3 of the 4 people on the stateroom reservation?

I think I've heard that no-shows are handled differently than cancellations.

Please help. Thanks

If you did not book E.S., could you have someone go in their place? I think it's a $50 name change fee....sorry one of your kids will not be able to go on the family cruise-especially, when the cruise is so close....

Archived