Taxi cost from Port Everglades to Sleep Inn in Dania Beach

imae39

We are thinking of checking with Sleep Inn about cost to leave car in their parking lot for our ten day cruise and take their shuttle to the cruise terminal. Would like to take a taxi to Sleep Inn when we disembark the ship. Are taxis readily available and can someone tell me what the approximate cost would be?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Nov 2012 and plan to stay again next month. We paid for the park n cruise package because we drove to Lauderdale. When we got off the ship I called them from my cell phone- they gave me a sheet with the phone number when we left- and they came and got us. It took awhile but the port was very busy the day we returned. They charged us to go to the port but not the return. I think that may have been a mistake- I asked at the desk if we were good and they said yes so we got in our car and left.

• 3 weeks later...
I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Nov 2012 and plan to stay again next month. We paid for the park n cruise package because we drove to Lauderdale. When we got off the ship I called them from my cell phone- they gave me a sheet with the phone number when we left- and they came and got us. It took awhile but the port was very busy the day we returned. They charged us to go to the port but not the return. I think that may have been a mistake- I asked at the desk if we were good and they said yes so we got in our car and left.

Do you arrange this before hand? Is the shuttle waiting for you or do you call the hotel after your ship arrives?

Thanks

I didn't make any prior arrangement except to ask at the desk, before we took the shuttle to the port, what to do when we returned. They gave me the number and said call us. There weren't any Sleep Inn shuttles when we walked out of the port so I called and they took my name and sent the shuttle. When the shuttle came there were others who hadn't called and the driver told them he couldn't take them and they had to call. After he picked us up we went to the airport but never found the passengers there that he was supposed to get. It worked okay- again the port was really busy- it was a Sunday. This time we return on a Thursday so I think it will be faster. As an aside- both shuttle drivers going and coming were great. Very personable, good drivers and we tipped them well.

I didn't make any prior arrangement except to ask at the desk, before we took the shuttle to the port, what to do when we returned. They gave me the number and said call us. There weren't any Sleep Inn shuttles when we walked out of the port so I called and they took my name and sent the shuttle. When the shuttle came there were others who hadn't called and the driver told them he couldn't take them and they had to call. After he picked us up we went to the airport but never found the passengers there that he was supposed to get. It worked okay- again the port was really busy- it was a Sunday. This time we return on a Thursday so I think it will be faster. As an aside- both shuttle drivers going and coming were great. Very personable, good drivers and we tipped them well.

Thanks czst17 this is really great info:). I will givd them a call once we disembark the ship

Thanks again

Archived