Cost Savings or Cutbacks You Noticed on Princess

miched

You wouldn't know if there was a problem, it would be the maintenance crew that did down in the processing area, or perhaps someone who has to service a vacuum line along the hall.

Septic systems and ship based vacuum evac systems are very different things. Septic systems still rely on water to 'push' waste through the system.Ship systems use negative pressure to pull, and the relatively lower water volume can make them more prone to jams (also common when people hook low flow toilets up to older sewer systems with smaller pipes).

Now realistically, a few sheets of home brand TP probably won't make a difference. But if you find yourself in a situation with higher than normal usage, you may want to consider the ship's stuff.

Let's put it this way. I don't care for the quality of tp that cruise lines, or hotels for that matter, provide for their guests. Cottonelle is safe for septic systems (that's good enough for me), and we have not had problems ourselves from it - so we'll continue to use it.

Tom

You wouldn't know if there was a problem, it would be the maintenance crew that did down in the processing area, or perhaps someone who has to service a vacuum line along the hall.

Septic systems and ship based vacuum evac systems are very different things. Septic systems still rely on water to 'push' waste through the system.Ship systems use negative pressure to pull, and the relatively lower water volume can make them more prone to jams (also common when people hook low flow toilets up to older sewer systems with smaller pipes).

Now realistically, a few sheets of home brand TP probably won't make a difference. But if you find yourself in a situation with higher than normal usage, you may want to consider the ship's stuff.

Or extra flushes! :D

Tom

Princess specifically says not to put anything down the toilet besides their provided paper. Just do what they tell you and follow the rules, otherwise you'll very likely end up causing plumbing problems for other people, too.

So noted.

Tom

I think the Farewell Party is based on the length of the cruise. The three are usually on sea days. So if there are less than three, no Farewell Party

The Champagne Farewell party is now after the last formal night. Kind of took away the specialness to me. I really loved that champagne party

Archived