For those who have sailed on RCI and have missed Hubbard Glacier....

jstducky

If you end up being diverted to Tracy Arm instead, do you actually get to see the twin Sawyer Glaciers? Or what is that you see at Tracy Arm?

I'm hoping that we don't get diverted from Hubbard Glacier (knock on wood!) but I'm curious as to what sailing Tracy Arm is like. I've only been to Glacier Bay before.

Hi Js. I have been to Tracy Arm and at the end of the arm you do see the Sawyer glaciers. But I have been reading so far this month that Princess who goes into Tracy Arm could not get to the glaciers because of the buildup of ice. I saw the Tracy arm in Sept. so maybe that early in the year, for example May you may not see it. I have also read that and have viewed on the web cams at www.kroooz-cams. com that the Infinity which is Celebrity and the one that I am going to be on got to Hubbard Glacier with no problem. Hope that helps.

Marilyn

We went to Tracy Arm last year and it is beautiful (see link to pictures below). However, we didn't get to the glacier. There was too much ice for such a large ship. The scenery is much prettier than it is in Glacier Bay, I think. The fjord is much narrower so you can see things on the shore better. And the icebergs are beautiful there. We saw lots of clear blue core ice. We saw none in Glacier Bay or College Fjord. I missed going there this year on our NB cruise.

Archived