Current films

1884Vic

One of our favorite things to do on a cruise is to catch up on movies we've missed. We have carefully sorted out our Netflix to bring along and have some good DVD's (we've almost exhausted the ship's list). Going to the movies in real-life is maybe a once-a-year occurrence.

Anyone know the recent films shown on board in the theaters? We've enjoyed Inception, Social Network and The Artist all while on the ships. We leave on the Westerdam next Sunday.

We just got off the Noordam last Monday having done a TA from Civitavecchia and To Rome With Love was showing in the theater. We enjoyed it. Perhaps you will have the opportunity on your Westerdam cruise.

Besides To Rome With Love, we also saw the following on the Noordam last week:

This Means War

People Like Us

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Southern Beasts of the Wild

Iron Lady

Moonrise Kingdom

As you can see, we enjoyed going to the movies on this TA. We had never done anything like this before. It was great fun for us and the popcorn was wonderful!

That's a good list. I saw Iron Lady last month (fantastic) and Best Exotic is in my Netflix queue. The others are ones on our wish list as well.

We have sailed on Eurodam twice and really enjoyed her theater. Small but very comfortable. And HAL screens some pretty good movies. One night (in Puerto Rico I think) they showed Secretariat in the large theater (I guess because it was a late port). We missed it but left me thinking it would be great if they showed classic films like Casablanca on that big screen.

Still, we'll make due with whatever they show. We aren't production show people (we're an hour away from Times Square so we are spoiled by quality and choice) and seeing films is a nice evening alternative.

I find the ship movie projectors to be of such poor quality that I would rather watch movies at home on my big screen TV in clear HD.

Have any of the ships upgraded to HDTV sources and projectors yet, or are they still using ancient standard definition projectors and DVDs in the movie theaters?

igraf

One of our favorite things to do on a cruise is to catch up on movies we've missed. We have carefully sorted out our Netflix to bring along and have some good DVD's (we've almost exhausted the ship's list). Going to the movies in real-life is maybe a once-a-year occurrence.

Anyone know the recent films shown on board in the theaters? We've enjoyed Inception, Social Network and The Artist all while on the ships. We leave on the Westerdam next Sunday.

Archived