Seranade dock in San Juan ?'s

No,it is not the one right in Old San Juan..............would be nice if it were.........

You'll need to take a taxi to the other pier................Not that far away really(you can see the ship from OSJ),but too far to walk...........

Can anyone tell me where the other port is..or what it is near?

What hotels are nearby the other port? If we stayed in old san juan, would the taxi ride be very long to the other port?

Thanks

Yogi

Can anyone tell me where the other port is..or what it is near?

What hotels are nearby the other port? If we stayed in old san juan, would the taxi ride be very long to the other port?

Thanks

Yogi

Yogi,

It is not really another port. There is a bay that separates Old San Juan from San Juan. There are docks in Old San Juan where ships dock for a port call. Across the bay is the Pan American pier where ships leave as a departure port. The bay is not that wide but it is long. And that makes it not walkable. Unfortunately, there is not much around the Pan Am pier. It would be great if they ran a water taxi across the bay from the Pan Am pier to OSJ but I doubt that it would happen as the taxi drivers probably like things just the way thay are. It is a very short taxi ride from one side to the other. Fifteen minutes at the most depending on traffic.

Very informative..... thanks. We are going to visit SIL three days before our departure on Seranade 01/28/2006. I'm sure we would have gone to the pier in old San Juan , before realizing the mistake , causing stress , confusion and a chain reaction series of unfortunate events. You guys may have saved several lives!!!!!!!!! Thanks parrothead!

Thanks for the replys. Glad to know that it isn't far.

Charlie2na... We will be getting off the Serenade as you are getting on.

We'll take good care of it for you!!!!!!!

Yogi

Archived