I can live with the cut backs of no bands on deck but

frito58

Do they really have to that stupid morning show . We just got off the Liberty and the CD did a morning talk show, and then after that we go reruns of Mash and Happy Days and Who Loves Raymond , I mean really would kill them to pop a CD in of some Island music while we are on deck. Just sayin.

Do they really have to that stupid morning show .(And probably no one paying attention to it.)

We just got off the Liberty and the CD did a morning talk show, and then after that we go reruns of Mash and Happy Days and Who Loves Raymond , I mean really would kill them to pop a CD in of some Island music while we are on deck. Just sayin.

Hello fellow Buckeye! I've been meaning to ask someone, has the large screen on the Lido deck been fixed yet? When we were on the Liberty in May, I noticed that about two-thirds of the way up, near the center of the screen, there was a green dot, like some of the pixels were out of whack. Hope ya'll had great cruise!:)

Hello fellow Buckeye! I've been meaning to ask someone, has the large screen on the Lido deck been fixed yet? When we were on the Liberty in May, I noticed that about two-thirds of the way up, near the center of the screen, there was a green dot, like some of the pixels were out of whack. Hope ya'll had great cruise!:)

Hey , LOL this is sad , but I dont know I was on there for a week and never even looked up at the damn thing except for a quick glance . I hate those things . At night when I would walk by on movie night I would say at best there was 50 -100 there.

Do they really have to that stupid morning show . We just got off the Liberty and the CD did a morning talk show, and then after that we go reruns of Mash and Happy Days and Who Loves Raymond , I mean really would kill them to pop a CD in of some Island music while we are on deck. Just sayin.

You are sooo right! This Buckeye was on the Liberty in September with my daughter and 3 friends... I was the only one up that early... and it really bothered me that they need to have these loud talk shows and news shows.. when there were maybe 6 or 7 people up there at the most.... I would be sitting there enjoying my first cup of coffee... or walking across the deck... and then WHAM!!! The morning news would come BLARING ON! And then the Raymond reruns... Personally, I think it sucks to mess up a beautiful morning on a cruise ship by blasting the news so loudly! Maybe they should move it to the sports bar for those that need to hear it so early... And then the DJ... ohhh what can I say.... while I didn't care for it... and would like for them to mix it up a bit... I have to say, I had a blast on this ship... the problem was if you were trying to talk with someone right beside you... you had to yell... you could not hear yourself think... they need to turn down the volume... seriously

And also, at about 3 in the afternoon one day, instead of hearing perhaps some tropical music... they had another movie on the Jumbotron... Clint Eastwood in Fistful of Dollars.... don't get wrong.. I love Clint Eastwood movies... but seriously... on a cruiseship.. in the middle of the day.. sure makes it feel like a cruise... not..

We were on the Liberty about a month ago and I also thought reruns of happy days was alittle odd

I have to agree it is so annoying. I have been on the Liberty twice and think it is worse on that ship than any other. We quit going to the Lido pool and started going to the adult pool area because it was so bad.

The Liberty is my favorite ship but I avoid the Lido pool area like the plague.

I have never been on an outside movie screen ship yet...i would love it if they played music like the Eagles or some nice concert cd's etc and some good movies at night ..but this sounds not so cool to me too, Sarah

Elimination of bands is a good thing in your opinion?

There goes that objectivity thing again.

Of course it was so much better hearing the Beatles on record than seeing them live. Or even Beatlemania. You mean not everyone thinks this way?:rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with the Morning show on TV...in fact, it's an easy way to win some prizes while on board. Prior to that, I like the news on the big screen because I can't stand being ignorant of the world around me. But after the news and the Morning Show, I agree that they should put on some island music even if it's just a CD, or a CD of some classic rock/Oldies such as the Eagles or Jimmy Buffet or even Chicago--just not TV shows (unless it's something relevant like The Love Boat--but since that was Princess I can't imagine them airing that).

Elimination of bands is a good thing in your opinion?

There goes that objectivity thing again.

Yea I pretty much thought the same as you , but to each his own I guess. I really didnt want to start this into a debate on bands and no bands because they are gone and I do find that sad . But give me a break on Mash and Happy Days , that was a bit much LOL.

I don't have a problem with the Morning show on TV...in fact, it's an easy way to win some prizes while on board. Prior to that, I like the news on the big screen because I can't stand being ignorant of the world around me. But after the news and the Morning Show, I agree that they should put on some island music even if it's just a CD, or a CD of some classic rock/Oldies such as the Eagles or Jimmy Buffet or even Chicago--just not TV shows (unless it's something relevant like The Love Boat--but since that was Princess I can't imagine them airing that).

I normally I would agree , as Like the Today show but seeings how this was election week , Most have us had enough of it and it the the first few days were nothing but yada yada yada on the election , we were wanting to just get away from it and then there were some on the ship that just couldnt help themselves from still slamming one or the other when ever they would show the presidential stuff. It was a cruise and for just a week some of us were trying to get away from it.

Did they have the volume twice as loud as it needed to be?

OMG YES! They did this on the Magic. Volume was so loud while we were eating breakfast, you couldn't understand what they were saying...it was just a wall of noise and distortion.

Yea I pretty much thought the same as you , but to each his own I guess. I really didnt want to start this into a debate on bands and no bands because they are gone and I do find that sad . But give me a break on Mash and Happy Days , that was a bit much LOL.

Some people will praise Carnival for any cutback saying it makes the cruise better.

Saying eliminating live bands is a positive just makes me wonder. Only "positive" is eliminating 4 bandmembers gives them room for 4 photographers and you know we need more of them to make our cruise better.icon7.gif

Archived