Currently on the Carnival Dream and I am sorely disappointed....

MissKIA

Y ou can go to the internet cafe when you get on board if no one is there they will have a sign with the time to come back. I just do emails and such so the 39.99 slow speed one device works for me. We went down to anytime dining the first night at about 6:30 and we got seated right away.

I hope you continue to have a great time! We sail on the Dream in April and I can't wait! Did you have ATD? ATD seems to be where a lot of the complaints come from so I was curious. Have a wonderful time! 😄

No we don't have ATD so that could be why it hasn't been a problem We have early dining in the Scarlet Dining Room on the upper level. I haven't noticed the long lines for ATD since we are in the aft dining room so I can't comment on whether or not there are any this week.

I will be doing a back to back on the Dream in february is that $ 39.99 internet package still only trial can you find out when it ends , and if it ends what will be the new price? ...enjoy the rest of your week

It actually didn't say anything about it being a trial.

This is what the flyer says:

New all you can surf faster internet

High Speed

Speeds up to 50x faster

Single Connection

Unlimited mobile devices and the internet cafe

Basic

Single Connection

Limited to one mobile device and the internet cafe

Glad to hear your take on it, we will be sailing on her in March of next year. Quick question, the $39.99 internet package, does that allow for just one device, like a laptop, or can you also use a laptop and an iPad? I heard there is a $99 dollar option, what do you get for that, more speed, more devices? Thanks, and enjoy your cruise!!

It says single connection and single device so I'm assuming you can't use it on both. I haven' tried it on anything other than my laptop though.

Glad you're having a great time - and you got hubby hooked on cruising! Looking forward to more updates :)

Yes I did Sharon! I think he loves it even more than I do now. haha Although he was sick and stuck in the room the whole first sea day. I guess he must have caught a bug or something, but he's better now. We actually had security come to our door Sunday night to check on us because the snoozin sign had been up all day. :o

The only complaint I had with the Dream, and the staff would tell you to, was the water SUCKED, I went on her just a few months after she started sailing, so I'm hoping it was just the filter system needed to run through for a few months. Anybody know if the water is still terrible ?

Glad you are enjoying yourself. We didn't seem to encounter any of the issues I read about pre-cruise either. The Dream was our first ever cruise so I guess the we-didn't-know-better clause could come into effect!

We did the Your Time Dining and only had to wait on a couple of evenings. I would say less than 30 minutes which is better than our local eateries on a Friday night. Yes, there were occasionally lines at the buffet but, hello, it's a buffet and you have to line up single file and the people in front of you may not make their selections as fast as you would like. Get over it and enjoy the fact that you are not at work!

We sure didn't take advantage of a lot of things on the ship mostly because we didn't know any better. Did it ruin our vacation? Nope. We loved it so much we came home and booked for next summer as well and talked my scared of the ocean sister into booking too. We are also planning to do a Med cruise in 2014 that is how much we enjoyed traveling this way.

We found the staff and crew we encountered to be extremely professional and dedicated to their jobs, the ship was really nice and our cabin was more spacious than we thought it would be. We liked the food for the most part; MDR was great but the buffet was hit or miss at most can be. Having lived in Las Vegas for years I am well acquainted with buffet dining.

Glad you're having a blast. Our dreams for a great vacation came true on the Dream. It is a beautiful ship and the crew was top notch. We sailed in November of 2011 and 2010. Same week, same ports of call. Loved both.

We did the Liberty this year and like it alot. We're booking the Dream as I write this for November 2013. I guess we really liked it.

I like Carnival and I think they run a really "fun" cruise. It can't be all things to all people though and even if 90% loved it, that leaves approx. 364 who did not. And H3LL has no fury like a disappointed cruise passenger.

Like I said to my 11 year old when he was feigning boredom on the Liberty. A cruise is what you make it. The ingredients are there. It's up to you to create your own reality. So far, we've been able to do that. So here we go again.

AR

We had a great time, our reviews coming soon!

They say its takes a "Village", we experienced that

on the Global village on this cruise.

Again thanks to all...who made our voyage so special~!

Ed, Deb, Sean and Amy Moore :)

100_2431.jpg.aa6816649955c7fb776a90d10bc11127.jpg

100_2363.jpg.c6d667fbcd144f281cfb537d6143aa14.jpg

100_2416.jpg.05b0b96869b57401ef6c79404854685d.jpg

100_2452.jpg.3caa27e3e57fb68ee6d834a4f4d9b9c7.jpg

100_2434.jpg.ced7ce1074eb51e5f282c3d41ddb4c41.jpg

that all of the complainers had me worried. I have no idea what people are talking about, but this is a beautiful ship and every single crew member we have encountered has been great.

Service in the MDR has been very good. Yes the servers are rushed, but they still take time to chat and get to know us. Tonight was the "shake shake shake" dance night and they pulled my son up to dance and he looked mortified so my daughter and I joined him and had a blast! The servers really appreciated us joining in on the fun. Our food has been HOT. Hot to the point that I had to wait for it to cool down before eating it. Maybe this has not been everyone's experience,but it has been ours to this point.

We got the $39.99 internet deal. Unlimited internet all week. It isn't the hi speed option but it's good enough. It's faster than the free wifi we got at the hotel before hand.

Spent two days at Disney before hand and it was quite a bit more crowded than we expected after previous vists during the same time in past years. I think it has to do with the new Fantasyland soft opening while we were there. We still had a good time though and got to check it out.

We went to the show "The Action Comedy of Thien Fu" tonight. It was hilarious! His accent was a bit hard to understand at times, but he was very funny and an awesome juggler. Go see it if you see him on your ship!

Oh and I one $500 at Bingo tonight. Heehee!! ! wasn't even planning on playing, but we got to the show early thinking it started at 8:15 instead of 8:45 so I decided to buy a card to kill the time. ChaChing!

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick update for those of you who are freaked out by the negative reviews. Not everyone hates the Dream!

(I will try to come back tomorrow if anyone has any questions or anything)

Is that inter net deal on all carnival ships ?

Have to ask ... What is FTTF?

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane. The quicker you are on the ship, the quicker you get to hold a frosty drink.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Things to Remember

The FTTF price is not per person. The $49.95 price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits.

After purchasing FTTF package, please re-print their boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on their documents. Have FUN!

FTTF can only be purchased pre-cruise on Carnival.com; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard.

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun!

Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members and Suite guests will be the only guests to have access to the VIP lounge at embarkation, just as they are today. FTTF guests will not have this benefit, so embarkation will not be impacted in the VIP lounge.

Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will START with Diamond, Platinum VIFP Club members when embarkation begins. Then we will board FTTF guests.

The number of people who may purchase FTTF will be capacity controlled based upon the number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members booked for the sailing. If a sailing has a significant number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members, then we won’t plan to sell many FTTF packages. Conversely, if there are very few Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members on a particular sailing, then we will be able to sell a few more FTTF packages.

The only complaint I had with the Dream, and the staff would tell you to, was the water SUCKED, I went on her just a few months after she started sailing, so I'm hoping it was just the filter system needed to run through for a few months. Anybody know if the water is still terrible ?

I agree. The first night at dinner we ordered a big bottle of water to share. When it was all gone we just drank ship water and it was not good. You could definitely taste the difference. It had a bit of a bad smell and taste. Not disgusting, but definitely tasted like tap water.

Does the Dream still have a sushi bar or just the tasting bar? Thanks!

They do not have the sushi bar anymore it is only used as a salad bar on sea days. The taste bar is in a different spot at the back of the Ocean Plaza.

Yes I did Sharon! I think he loves it even more than I do now. haha Although he was sick and stuck in the room the whole first sea day. I guess he must have caught a bug or something, but he's better now. We actually had security come to our door Sunday night to check on us because the snoozin sign had been up all day. :o

Glad to hear he's feeling better! Have a great time! We're back on the Liberty in 30 days...can't wait!

Archived