Dinner surprise on Dawn for parents

laura6769

My parents just booked on the Dawn yesterday and I would love to get them something onboard as a surprised.

I noticed there is a special for the special restaurants:

"Book dinner at La Cucina, Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro and experience a selection of our most popular specialty restaurants at a reduced cost of $52 per person when pre-purchased together."

Does anyone know if a) this is a good deal? b) these three special restaurants are worth it? c) if I can pre-pay this for them without them knowing?

If the main dining pretty good? Are these restaurants much of an upgrade?

Thanks

My parents just booked on the Dawn yesterday and I would love to get them something onboard as a surprised.

I noticed there is a special for the special restaurants:

"Book dinner at La Cucina, Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro and experience a selection of our most popular specialty restaurants at a reduced cost of $52 per person when pre-purchased together."

Does anyone know if a) this is a good deal? b) these three special restaurants are worth it? c) if I can pre-pay this for them without them knowing?

If the main dining pretty good? Are these restaurants much of an upgrade?

Thanks

Whereas I like them all, but Le Bistro best, you are only saving $3 per person, and you're locked into all three. I would just get them a dinner for two at Le Bistro and maybe a bottle of wine if they are wine drinkers. I think you could do this and have the gift certificate available in their cabin when they check into their room.

I don't see in the bon voyage page that you can give a gift of specialty dining except of course in with the more expensive romance packages.

But you can give OBC certificates in 4 different denominations.

I'm not positive but I think when my daughter sent a bon voyage gift to friends on their honeymoon she got to tell them what she wanted written on the card.

So perhaps just ordering an obc certificate and telling them to enjoy a dinner of their choice on you would be nice.

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts

Thanks you so much.

This is exactly the information I was looking for.

I have ordered them $50 OBC and in the message section said enjoy a speciality restaurant on me. They will be so surprised!!

This works great. I've done it several times for my parents on various lines. And it gives them the flexibility to use it in a specialty restaurant or to buy a few t-shirts.

Archived