when are elegant nights on a 7 day?

I disagree....more often than not on a 7 night cruise, it is on nights 2 and 6....but then you inquired about a 7 day cruise, which is really a 6 night cruise, then it would be on nights 2 and 5. A 7 night cruise is actually 8 days and a 6 night cruise is actually 7 days.

I disagree....more often than not on a 7 night cruise, it is on nights 2 and 6....but then you inquired about a 7 day cruise, which is really a 6 night cruise, then it would be on nights 2 and 5. A 7 night cruise is actually 8 days and a 6 night cruise is actually 7 days.

I must be missing something here. Let's say a seven day cruise leaves on a Saturday. Saturday night is the first day, Sunday the second, Monday the third, Tuesday the fourth, Wednesday the fifth, Thursday the sixth and Friday the seventh. Then you get off on Saturday morning. That's seven days and seven nights. The only way it gets shorter is if you wait until the last minute to board the ship on embarkation day but then by only a few hours depending on what time you get there.

I must be missing something here. Let's say a seven day cruise leaves on a Saturday. Saturday night is the first day, Sunday the second, Monday the third, Tuesday the fourth, Wednesday the fifth, Thursday the sixth and Friday the seventh. Then you get off on Saturday morning. That's seven days and seven nights. The only way it gets shorter is if you wait until the last minute to board the ship on embarkation day but then by only a few hours depending on what time you get there.

SNJ seems to be counting the debarkation day as another day. So for your example, debarkation Saturday would be Day 8 under that line of thinking, but it goes down as a 7-day cruise. Most of us don't count debarkation day as another day, since we have to get off the ship so early. It's much simpler just to see a 7-day cruise as 7 days & 7 nights.

First elegant night on all my cruises has been Night/Day 2. The second elegant night on my 7-day/night cruises has been either Night 5 or Night 6. They won't do it on the last night. It can happen on port days as well, so there's no set pattern to allow us to know for sure. Unfortunately, you will not get lobster on the 2nd elegant night. That will come on the first elegant night only. The 2nd elegant night is usually my least favorite menu of the week, which always makes me wonder why I dress up extra for the worst menu.

i have only cruised 5 days. when are the elegant nights on seven day voyages? also... on a 5 day the elegant night is the yummy lobster night, does this mean lobster x 2 ?>?????:eek:

On our 7 day cruise our 1st full day was a port so our 1st Elegant night was the 2nd full day which was a sea day.

Our 2nd Elegant night was on an early port day.

When you get off the ship on Saturday morning, that is the eighth day.

Some sailings have a port the next day-

The first sea day is the first formal night. (this is the lobster dinner)

the second formal night (NO lobster is served) is on the night before your last sea day (usually is a port day

the second formal night is NEVER on the last sea day where you are packing up to leave.

Archived