Exceptional NCL Serive-Delayed Baggage

NW Pacific

We were on the Dawn- 16 Day Cruise from Quebec to Tampa, (departing Oct. 26) Flight from Newark to Quebec, our only checked bag was not put on flight due to plane being overweight. Bag did not arrive to Ship as we sailed away after an overnight in Quebec. United had 5 other flights to put our bag on. We booked our flights ourselves not through NCL. NCL somehow got our bag to us in Halifax, which was an unscheduled Port due to Hurricane Sandy. Bruno who is Guest Group Service Coordinator accomplished this. I feel NCL went beyond what I expected and feel very very fortunate for there exceptional service. There were many passengers like us who experienced baggage delays and I believe NCL came through for them also!!

Yes, we had carry on luggage with essentials and a change of clothes, but for a 16 day Cruise, without our checked bag it would really have been a disaster for me.

Just wanted to let everyone know what great service NCL did for us and others!!

p.s. dealing with United for 2 days was worthless for us, THANKS NCL

We were on the Dawn- 16 Day Cruise from Quebec to Tampa, (departing Oct. 26) Flight from Newark to Quebec, our only checked bag was not put on flight due to plane being overweight. Bag did not arrive to Ship as we sailed away after an overnight in Quebec. United had 5 other flights to put our bag on. We booked our flights ourselves not through NCL. NCL somehow got our bag to us in Halifax, which was an unscheduled Port due to Hurricane Sandy. Bruno who is Guest Group Service Coordinator accomplished this. I feel NCL went beyond what I expected and feel very very fortunate for there exceptional service. There were many passengers like us who experienced baggage delays and I believe NCL came through for them also!!

Yes, we had carry on luggage with essentials and a change of clothes, but for a 16 day Cruise, without our checked bag it would really have been a disaster for me.

Just wanted to let everyone know what great service NCL did for us and others!!

p.s. dealing with United for 2 days was worthless for us, THANKS NCL

Ya got to love Bruno and the crew. They really do try to do all they can.

WOW! That was great! Glad you got your bag. And thanks for re-affirming why we NEVER check bags! If it doesn't fit in the carry on - we don't need it!

I am a light packer but 16 night cruise in cool climates would be very hard to get by with only one carry-on luggage pp.

Archived