Beware of One Day Sale Today

stewpapa

I'm sure most of you know this but I can't resist just in case someone doesn't. Beware of Today's "One Day Sale" and all Carnival "sales". The cruise I almost booked yesterday is $120 more "on sale" today. All you get with this sale is reduced deposit which is no "savings" at all since you still have to pay it... and for me it actually costs more to reserve with a reduced deposit today. Wait until tomorrow!

LOL Ive been tracking prices on the cruise I want for a week now, as soon as we get the final commitment from all 6 people going will book it and I woke up this morning and read the email on my phone about this "sale" and actually thought it might mean something. Well I checked and ES rates are exactly the same as yesterday, and the "sale" price is about $100 more.

Past Guest One Day Sale and the Standard Past Guest rates are exactly the same for our cruise.

PG1DS has the reduced deposit with the upgrades but not really a 'sale' per say but it does have reduced deposits.

Are you looking at the PG 1 Day Sale rates or just the 1 Day Sale by itself?

Past Guest One Day Sale and the Standard Past Guest rates are exactly the same for our cruise.

PG1DS has the reduced deposit with the upgrades but not really a 'sale' per say but it does have reduced deposits.

Are you looking at the PG 1 Day Sale rates or just the 1 Day Sale by itself?

Both were a price drop for me. I'm sure every cruise varies....everyone should look

I just looked at a cruise that I'm interested in~ and while the main cruise fare *looks* more expensive than ES~ $529 compared to $459 ES (interior) once you get to the end, the sale is $20 cheaper as they have free upgrades for cabin and location~! So always check all the way to the end of a booking to make sure! Good luck!

Both were a price drop for me. I'm sure every cruise varies....everyone should look
Exactly!

Blanket advice to wait till tomorrow to book may not be correct.

What is true is that, as always, when Carnival announces their latest greatest sale ever , it isn't.

On the plus side if the cruise period you are looking at is a few months away, you will have multiple greatest sales ever

to look through.:rolleyes:

Ok, so now I'm on hold with Carnival. I called to upgrade (per sale) and no kidding....while on the phone the price increased!! I swear...now I sound like an idiot. I can still get the free upgrade but the price is now higher than my booking...anyone have this happen???

Ok question. I've never had a price drop before so I don't know what I'm doing. I booked ES and have not completely paid off my balance (almost!). We booked for $2124.95. I just "booked" through the one day sale, same dates, same cruise, same floor, same type of room for $1960.58. I'm assuming this qualifies me for a price drop. I've taken screen shots of the listing page and the page the summary page.

So do I really qualify and how do I submit? I looked for any restrictions on the sale but didn't see any.

Ok question. I've never had a price drop before so I don't know what I'm doing. I booked ES and have not completely paid off my balance (almost!). We booked for $2124.95. I just "booked" through the one day sale, same dates, same cruise, same floor, same type of room for $1960.58. I'm assuming this qualifies me for a price drop. I've taken screen shots of the listing page and the page the summary page.

So do I really qualify and how do I submit? I looked for any restrictions on the sale but didn't see any.

If you booked ES and the lower fare is for same cabin Category and same ## of PAX, ask your TA to submit a request if you booked via TA otherwise submit the on-line form yourself.

ken

I have been using the fare viewer (link below)

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Then I just submit the form on this page.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

I've had 4 price drops. Booked ES a year ago and just started seeing price drops over the last 2 months. On the fare viewer just pick the category where you can pick your cabin that you qualify for. In my case I am 55 so qualify for the senior rate. If that rate on the categorie(s) you apply for is lower than what you paid submit the form. On my first price drop I got a reduction in my final payment. Others after that have been OBC.

Ok, so now I'm on hold with Carnival. I called to upgrade (per sale) and no kidding....while on the phone the price increased!! I swear...now I sound like an idiot. I can still get the free upgrade but the price is now higher than my booking...anyone have this happen???

Happened to me this morning. I went to the Carnival site as soon as I got the e-mail and the price was lower for my May sailing. Within 2 minutes, the pricing went up and is now well above the pricing for my May sailing. Ends up being no savings for us :(

We have several rooms booked on a March 2nd sailing on the Ecstasy and on my 2 rooms I got 40.00 dollars cheaper each room!!! My other friends who booked later than I did did not have the same price as I did so their rooms were more so they got the sale today and saved 65.00 per person. I have let everyone on the sailing know about the special. It worked out great for our group.

Thanks! I filled out the form and submitted it. There was no place to attach any proof though. Do they usually require proof? I'm just so surprised we had a price drop because there are rarely any price drops for summer cruises out of Texas! Especially in the interior or OV rooms. Keeping my fingers crossed! :p

In category 6e tried to get this price drop last time. My PVP gave it to me, but then the next day got a email saying I needed to pay $200 more or my cruise would be canceled. Called her and she said she should not have changed it because I booked with reduced deposit. No biggie! Today got that $60 price drop back same saving with reduced deposit. So Excited!!!!!!!!

It depends on the sailing. I booked during a sale with a past guest rate, upgrades and reduced deposit. The price is the lowest I have seen it since I booked. Right now the ES rate for my cabin is currently the same price as I paid (and I check). I thought about switching to ES before it goes away next week, but there is not much incentive. So the moral of my story is, sometimes sales can be a good deal. It just depends on the particular sailing.

I booked ES in June for Dec 16, 2012 Magic. I have a balcony and inside both on Lido. The inside had 1 price drop on 8/16 from 584pp to 549pp so far nothing has made it that low since. I was beginning to give up hope on the balcony but this month has been interesting. Here's my progression of drops on the balcony:

899pp - June 20something

869pp - 7/8

849pp - 8/16

819pp - 11/6

789pp - 11/7

759pp - 11/14

At this rate my balcony will be lower than the inside by the time we cruise. Yeah, probably not, but it would be nice.

I booked ES in June for Dec 16, 2012 Magic. I have a balcony and inside both on Lido. The inside had 1 price drop on 8/16 from 584pp to 549pp so far nothing has made it that low since. I was beginning to give up hope on the balcony but this month has been interesting. Here's my progression of drops on the balcony:

899pp - June 20something

869pp - 7/8

849pp - 8/16

819pp - 11/6

789pp - 11/7

759pp - 11/14

At this rate my balcony will be lower than the inside by the time we cruise. Yeah, probably not, but it would be nice.

Well its probably not likely that the balcony will be lower than the inside rate is at that time but it is possible that the balcony rate could get close to (or be lower than) what your original price was for inside. Last cruise we booked 6B ocean view, we got price drops and upgraded. When it was all said and done, our 8A balcony was $40 than the original price for the ocean view (before drops of course). ES is fun, I kind of wish I had booked it this time. But there is no real incentive since prices have not dropped at all and the ES rate is same was what I paid (with more restrictions).

I'm sure most of you know this but I can't resist just in case someone doesn't. Beware of Today's "One Day Sale" and all Carnival "sales". The cruise I almost booked yesterday is $120 more "on sale" today. All you get with this sale is reduced deposit which is no "savings" at all since you still have to pay it... and for me it actually costs more to reserve with a reduced deposit today. Wait until tomorrow!

I just booked the Glory from Boston to Canada for June 2013 and today's sale was in fact a "sale" for that itinerary. I've been checking for a few weeks and the past guest rate today (I didn't want ES simply because of the restrictions...95% chance I won't cancel but I like to have the option in case something comes up) was $379 for a 4G on Lido. The same rate yesterday was $369 for a 4A or PT on Riveria. $10 is not bad for several categories of upgrades.

Also, the reduced deposit is helpful when booking so far out. I'm only out $150 instead of $300 whilst I finalize everything. Sure, still have to pay the same final amount but that extra $150 doesn't need to be tied up for so long. :D

Archived