On Board Hair Salon

Sugar*Magnolia

Up Do??? You are showing your age...lol

Do women still do that anymore? Have not seen that in ages and if I do... it is usually paired with a prom dress from the 80's.

I say NAY...you probably know how to make your hair look nicer than someone else.

No, no, I am not thinking old lady or classic beauty parlor updos. :)

Pony tails, messy buns, off side dropped pony tails that drape your shoulder.

http://www.theluxuryspot.com/how-to-get-fashion-weeks-most-elegant-up-do/

or google runway hair fashion week 2012.

And although I typically do my hair well, having a professional blow dry and style it for me on formal night would give me one less thing to do and more relax time. Guess I should mention it will be my birthday. DH is looking to book things to pamper me all day. :)

That led me here. My curiosity! :)

Thanks for your suggestion, if I decide to use the salon, it will be a first!

No, no, I am not thinking old lady or classic beauty parlor updos. :)

Pony tails, messy buns, off side dropped pony tails that drape your shoulder.

http://www.theluxuryspot.com/how-to-get-fashion-weeks-most-elegant-up-do/

or google runway hair fashion week 2012.

And although I typically do my hair well, having a professional blow dry and style it for me on formal night would give me one less thing to do and more relax time. Guess I should mention it will be my birthday. DH is looking to book things to pamper me all day. :)

That led me here. My curiosity! :)

Thanks for your suggestion, if I decide to use the salon, it will be a first!

OMG...I love that.:o:o:o

I went for formal night to pamper myself once...did not love it... was too old lady and pricy. Like stated before you probably can make it look nicer yourself.

I suggest try a massage if you want to spend something and on a sea day it will even be less expensive.

I went for formal night to pamper myself once...did not love it... was too old lady and pricy. Like stated before you probably can make it look nicer yourself.

I suggest try a massage if you want to spend something and on a sea day it will even be less expensive.

We always have a massage when we're on board, but I have a bad back and recently it is even worse, so I think staying away from a massage can be a good thing. Although, tomorrow I will ask my orthopedist!

By the way, most hair services are less than any given massage. Hair services start at $45 and go up to $100 (length of hair and service chosen dictates price. but that is the price range). If you're lucky enough on RC to have a discount coupon in your coupon booklet, it is even cheaper.

Also, I would need to show the stylists pictures of what I want and first see if they can produce! I wouldnt go into it letting them do what they want. :D

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I had a great hair cut and color on Celebrity Constellation in 2003 = it was no more expensive than NYC and I liked the stylist so much that when we were on the Constellation again in 2004, I had my hair done again because she was still working there - but I had just had it cut & colored, so she did a style and blow dry.

On the Equinox, I had a frangipane massage - it was less than wowing because I realized too late I didn't like the fragrance of frangipane. The massage part was nice though - just the head - and it was really inexpensive considering you had access to the Persian Gardens for the day.

Beth

I had a great hair cut and color on Celebrity Constellation in 2003 = it was no more expensive than NYC and I liked the stylist so much that when we were on the Constellation again in 2004, I had my hair done again because she was still working there - but I had just had it cut & colored, so she did a style and blow dry.

On the Equinox, I had a frangipane massage - it was less than wowing because I realized too late I didn't like the fragrance of frangipane. The massage part was nice though - just the head - and it was really inexpensive considering you had access to the Persian Gardens for the day.

Beth

Persian Gardens is amazing!!! I was just telling my uncle about it tonight! We were in a Concierge, not Aqua class but had a pass for a day!

Archived