Best Beach

rlkubi

Best beach for shade is Smuggler's Cove.

Best beach for the amenities you're looking for is Cane Garden Bay (CGB) or Brewer's Bay (BB).

Taxi to CGB or BB is $16 pp roundtrip, a little more for SC.

Smuggler's is the nicest beach and the quietest, CGB the busiest with 6 beach bars, BB is less busy with one beach bar.

The Long Bay Resort on Long Bay (Tortola) offers day passes to use their pool too.

Brewer's Bay is a beautiful beach! We went a few years ago and loved it! Beach bar, food, chairs, shade, bathrooms. I don't remember cab fare, but I do remember the ride to the beach was rather interesting...pretty steep hills on that island! Would love to go back someday!

P.S. The burgers from the beach bar there are rumored to be the burgers Jimmy Buffet was talking about in "Cheeseburger in Paradise".

To this day, my husband and I say they were the best burgers we have ever eaten. :)

Taxi is $12 or $8 pp each way to BB and to CGB, depending on the number of ppl.

Yes Nicole's does compete with Stanley's Welcome Bar in CGB (and Myett's for that matter) for title of the best burger on Tortola. But Stanley's is where the JB rumor is based, at least for the Tortola "cheeseburger in paradise". The story was Jimmy's boat was undergoing repairs and he spent time at Stanley's in CGB. We did spend a week at Myett's which is next door to Stanley's our first time staying on Tortola and we ate at Stanley's almost everyday - the fish tacos and burger are excellent! If you go there now cousin Tony runs it and the girls there are very nice.

I should add that this is the version we were told over the years - but still a rumor!

Archived