Oceania's air form Chicago to Miami

JAKUEHNLE

You could always pay the deviation fee & choose your flights

We fly in a day or more ahead & pay the deviation fee so we can see our flights ahead of time or choose the ones we want

worth the $150 pp for peace of mind & non stop flights ;)

YMMV

Lyn

Does anyone know what airline "O" uses from Chicago to Miami?:confused: Are they using non-stop , or connecting flights? If one takes Oceania's flights can you up grade to the better seats with more leg room?

John

If you do nothing then the flight may be non stop or connecting, you wont know until you are assigned.

If you pay the "Air Deviation Fee", then YOU get to choose the flight, and the Air Dept can tell you at the same time if their contract with that airline allows them to purchase a class of ticket that is upgrade-able.

It should also be noted that as a matter of policy, Oceania does not "ticket" airline arrangements until your cruise is PAID IN FULL. So, if you do wish to purchase upgrade-able tickets through Oceania, you will need to pay for your cruise at the time that you need those tickets purchased.

I flew Chicago to Miami using Oceania air. I did pay the air deviation fee and picked my flights. When I initially booked my cruise I asked about upgrading and was told they only can upgrade international flights, which was fine with me since I was really most interested in the return flight from Barcelona. After the ticket was issued I did call the airline and upgrade to First Class for ORD to MIA using FF miles. It all worked out fine. Use the air deviation option. Why worry about flights.

Archived